Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Found it!

I'm just gonna go ahead and apologize for getting behind on blog reading last week while we were on vacation {post to come hopefully later in the week}.  I mean, priority, Peeps!  So, yes, I had to go ahead and hit the "mark all as read" button.  I hate doing that, but it would have probably taken me all day to catch up.

And I have another confession: yesterday's post  was actually written BEFORE we went on vacation.  I thought I had posted it, but I guess I forgot to hit that button!  Ha!  Anyhoo, I have an update!  I'VE FOUND THE DRESS!!

For your eyes only:
Altar’d State Berry Delight Dress

A few days after I wrote the previous post, I went to the website of one of my favorite stores: Altar'd State.  Unfortunately for me, the closest one is in Jackson, Mississippi, so I don't get to shop there very often. However, it was on our way to the beach and we stopped in on our way back home last week.  I tried on a ton of things, but I only bought a tank top - if you can believe that!  I asked the sales clerk about this dress and they didn't have it in the store {just my luck!}.  She said they don't always get everything that they feature online.  I plan on buying it later this week.  I'm a little worried about the color though.  And maybe the fabric.  It looks a little "orangey" in the picture, but the website says that it's "berry."  We'll see!

Did you have a good Father's Day?  Wayne got to wake up to breakfast in bed that Alise made all by herself!  I can't complain, though, because she did the same thing for me on Mother's Day.  We skipped church to stay home and fix lunch for my parents.  Wayne smoked a Boston butt all night, I made a potato casserole by just throwing some things together, a friend's strawberry spinach salad, and we bought baked beans from a local barbeque joint.  We had peach cobbler for dessert.  It was a great day!  Except for the fact that the fam didn't care for the strawberry salad.  My heart was broken.  I'm like "What??  How can you not like this?"  I roasted the pecans and everything!!  Wayne wouldn't even try it.  He complained because we had baked potatoes and SALAD the night before.  He calls it "rabbit food"!  He is definitely a meat and potatoes guy!  I don't know about you, but I like to eat light in the summer.  I love salads!

And speaking of food, two TV shows that we're really into this summer are "Master Chef" and "Food Network Star."  CBS had a cooking show last summer, "The American Bake Off," I think, but I haven't seen it on this year.  Alise loves watching the cooking shows with us.  We're also watching "House of Cards" on Netflix. We're into the second season - minus Alise, of course.  I'm hoping we can get into The Black List before summer ends.

I finished reading If I Stay in nearly one sitting this weekend.  I really liked the book and I want to see the movie.  At this point, I don't plan to read the sequel; the ending was enough for me.  I read The Fault In Our Stars over a year ago and even though I didn't enjoy the book that much, Leigh and I plan to see the movie some time soon.  We took Alise to see Maleficent a few weeks ago and we all loved it.  I'm not an Angelina Jolie fan, but I think she deserves an Academy Award for her performance.  She was that good, y'all!

But probably THE BEST news to come out of last week is this:  Wayne and I booked our Hawaiian Cruise last Friday!!  To say I'm excited would be an understatement!  I can't wait to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary next April.  It's gonna be so special!  But if you know me, you know I don't stay in one place for very long.  The cruise is a seven day cruise, and I don't go anywhere for seven days straight!  But the reason we decided on the cruise was because it goes to all the Hawaiian Islands, so we'll be waking up on a different island nearly every day!!  How cool is that?  And unlike plane hopping from island to island, we'll only have to pack up our bags once!  We plan to attend a real, live luau and Wayne's trying to get me on a helicopter ride, but I've got to think long and hard about that one!  If anyone has any suggestions, please send them our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment