Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday


I'm linking up today for Hodge Podge Wednesday.  Simply answer the questions on your own blog and then link your post by clicking HERE.  It's fun reading everyone else's answers, too!  Here goes:

1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time? 
Well, actually I passed the time in the truck riding while Wayne drove us back from the beach for FIVE hours. I'm not a car person - I'd rather fly - but since we aren't lucky enough to have our own jet, we have to drive.  And I have to "help" Wayne drive as well.  Ha!  Anyhoo, we took our daughter to Biloxi Beach last week and when the monsoon set in, we decided to cut our mini vacay a day short.  She loved it though!  We had a good time!  And let me just say that Biloxi has really changed since Katrina! Can you believe next year will be TEN YEARS since that hurricane?

2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
Commitment.

3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
DOES IT FEEL LIKE SUMMER WHERE I LIVE???  Lawdy!  I'm dying here in Louisiana, y'all!  And it ain't even July or August yet!  I've been getting up this summer at 5:00 to walk three miles every morning.  By the time I get home an hour later, I am DRIPPING with sweat!  The humidity is atrocious!  So a perfect summer day for me would be lounging by the pool with a great book, high's in the 70's and NO HUMIDITY! 

4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
I have a deep thought about this because I experienced it this weekend.  The less I do, the lazier I become. For instance, if I spend the day reading a book, I don't want to do ANYTHING?  I mean, just putting the dishes in the dishwasher is a chore.  And I'm not talking about the kind of lazy associated with needing rest, either.  But when I finally got up and started DOING something, I felt so much better and more active.  Does that make sense?

5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Probably Pa Ingalls.  I really don't know why.  Maybe it's because Alise is in to LHOTP these days and likes watching the old shows on DVD.  He just always seemed fair and loving and pleasant to me.  He never raised his voice.  And he never gave spankings.

6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
I had a plastic yellow and lime green picnic basket growing up.  A friend and I use to have picnics in our backyard.  When Alise was smaller, she and I would have picnics in our front yard under a great shade tree.

7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize CayesProvidenciales in Turks and CaicosBora Bora in French PolynesiaMarco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
Just give me Hawaii!!  Wayne and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary next April on a cruise touring all the islands!  Can't wait!!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Hubs finished the theater room this week!  This is a messy picture, but I was so excited that I took it anyway!  We caught up on some TV shows last night in there and it was fun!  We even had popcorn and candy, too!  Of course, he and Alise can't wait to watch a full fledge movie with great sound effects so that they can get the full effect.  I'm perfectly content with a "normal" movie.
Displaying 20140616_191301.jpg


6 comments:

  1. I couldn't handle Louisiana in the summertime. I have a favorite Civil War general who settled there after the War and I can't imagine living there without AC! I complain when it's in the high 80s! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't see the picure.

    #4-I know exactly what you mean and am the same way. I think I run full steam ahead most of the time so when I stop I really stop-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you're saying about the La. heat...we were in Mobile last weekend & just about died! You'd probably be in heaven in Tn.! :)
    I didn't even think about LHOTP!
    What a great anniversary trip!!! I'm a tad bit jealous. We just had our 30th but don't have anything planned.
    Hard to believe it's been 10 years since Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it with humidity in the South? I love being a Southern Belle, but our summers are hard to handle at times. You just step outside and all of the sudden, you are walking in slow motion. To the answer for the question - Yes, I am lazy in the summer. I try to get most of my work done early in the morning, leaving the rest of the day staying inside. I don't even like to cook inside the house during the summer months. :) Stay cool Horton's!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is the same about "needing" good sound systems for movies at home and the theater. He's a man who never ever complains, but we actually left a theater during a movie because he said the sound quality stunk and he demanded a refund. I blame his musical ear (he's a musician) and that he ran sound for our church for years. I, on the other hand, could not care less and can't tell a difference either way.

    ReplyDelete