Tuesday, May 20, 2014

We're Still Kicking

I'm missing my blogging days, but life is so busy right now!

I know I said last week was Alise's last week of school, but I wasn't counting half days.  Today is her last "official" day of school {half day yesterday and today}.  Tomorrow is her awards ceremony and after that, the fat lady will sing!  Hallelujah!  Here's a picture of her before we left the house this morning.  I thought she looked so cute in her neon blouse and hair down - something that she hardly ever does!  She's definitely my jeans and t-shirt and hair in a pony tail kind of girl.  Breaks my heart most days.  I miss the smocked dresses and cutie-patootie outfits.
She is so excited about her birthday next week!  She's coming up on her last year in the single digits!

I won the mom-of-the-year award today!  I stopped on the way to school and got Alise's class donuts!  She was so excited to share them with her friends!  She kindly requested a "dirty dozen."

I've been reminded this past week of how fragile and short life is.  A death of a beloved friend and teacher in our community has renewed my perspective on life.  As one of my friends said this weekend, "All that really matters is God, my family, and friends."  And that is so true!  I've been so busy this past month that I simply haven't taken the time to enjoy the blessings that God has given me.  I've made a point this past week to tell those in my life that I haven't seen or talked to in a while that I love them.  Because no matter what's happened in the past or what's separated our lives, to love and to be loved is the greatest love of all.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Alise!!!! So proud of you young lady. Yeah, Katie likes to have her hair down, not pulled back or barrette. Alise look like so growny. Thanks for reminding me that this will be our girls' last year of single digits. How sad. I suppose we should cherish this year even more.

    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Life is precious and for some, so short. I try to not hold grudges, never go to bed mad, forgive those that don't deserve to be forgiven. I do this for me because Jesus instructed his followers. Matthew 18:22. Cherish the wonderful memories and shut out the bad. This is easier said than done.

    I love the picture, I assume Alise made specially for her mommy and daddy. Beautiful!

    I hope y'all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Love y'all and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete