Tuesday, May 27, 2014

This Is Not Part Two

I know in my last post I told you that there would be a "Part 2," but I'm holding on to those thoughts until a little later.

What I wanted to share today are some recipes that I tried last week for a party I hosted.  It was called a Mom's End of the Year party and I invited the mom's only from Alise's class to sit out by the pool for the evening and just relax {and rant and rave - Ha!} and enjoy talking about something other than school and teachers and homework.  I wish I had done more in the decor department, but I took off a day of work to host this little shindig and I had to prepare the food!  But it was very nice.  We turned the music on the 80's channel and I had some candles lit and it just made for a great evening.  Sorry, no pics {But I did post some food pics on IG}.

But here are the recipes I made and my opinions about them.

1.  Spinach Artichoke Bites - I had high hopes for these puppies!  I really did because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SpA dip!!  But alas!  I was disappointed.  I will forever be eating my SpA out of a bread bowl with slices of bread or Wheat Thins.  And that's okay.  The crescents made the appetizer "doughy" and they turned out much bigger than just "a bite."  I couldn't taste the SpA.  Bottom line: I won't be making these again.

2.  BBQ Glazed Pineapple Bacon Shrimp - What a mouth full! This appetizer took some time to assemble, of course, and I'm not quite sure it was worth it.  I think I erred with buying shrimp that was too small and I think the recipe might work better with larger shrimp. They were good; they were eaten and I got compliments from the guests, but Wayne said all he could taste was the chunk of pineapple and not the shrimp.  So....Bottom line: I probably won't be deleting this pin from my recipe board on Pinterest just yet, but they are definitely not a family favorite.

3.  Southern Plate's Buffalo Chicken Dip - It's Southern Plate.  Enough said.

4.  My friend Stacey's Corn Dip - Sorry.  No link to this one, but it's my favorite corn dip recipe!  Just one block of cream cheese, one can of corn, one can of green chilies, and Tony Chachere's seasoning for taste.  I could eat my weight in this stuff!!

5.  Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits - I just can't say enough about this recipe!  And my family can't seem to stop requesting it!!  It has become my "go to" dessert!  So can you believe that I actually FORGOT about passing them out for dessert?  I didn't remember until Alise came up to me and asked if she could have one. For the party, I only layered everything once and put them in short, see through plastic cups.  They turned out really pretty and everyone liked them!

What recipes have you tried from Pinterest lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment