Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday


Woohoo!  It's a short week thanks to the Memorial Day Holiday!  I'm linking up today with Joyce and the group for Hodge Podge Wednesday!  It's never to late to add your blog to the party!

1. What news story are you following right now?
Hmmm...haven't watched the news in quite a while.  If I don't catch it on FB or Twitter, I normally don't know about it.  I was saddened to read via social media about all the drowning deaths over the holiday weekend.  So sad.

2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
I wanted to splurge on some bronzer {make up} this past weekend, but I decided to put that $30 to other use.

3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
Since Wayne has built the cook shack {outside kitchen}, we've turned our burger cravings into "sliders."  I really like these smaller burgers on Hawaiian rolls.  We normally make extra special toppings, too,  like bacon and carmelized onions for extra flavor. The last time I had a hamburger was last week before Alise's softball game.  We have a few favorite mom and pop places we like to go to and once I saw that I could get a hamburger on a jalapeno bun, I was there!  No disappointments.  It was delish!!

4. How have your priorities changed over time?
My priorities have changed since becoming a mother.  It's not all about just me and Wayne anymore and what WE want to do.  There is obviously another person to consider now.  And she requires ALOT of priority!!

5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?
During the summer, my brother and I would stay with our grandparents for a week.  They lived about 65 miles away from us.  We alternated between staying with one set for half the week and then staying with the other grandparents for the rest of the week.  My dad's parents had a barn and cows and a garden.  I have shelled my fair share of purple hull peas and shucked enough corn in my life time.  It was always fun to go with Paw to the barn and "water the cows."  My Grandma Anderson made the best fried potatoes!

6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
I consider myself a pretty good multi-tasker, so I'll give myself about a 9.  But an example?  Does having clothes in the wash and cooking supper while calling out spelling words count?

7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?May is always a busy month for us!  School comes to a close with all of its end-of-the-year activities, it's smack-dab the middle of softball season, and up until about three years ago, we had dance recital, too.  On top of that, it's Alise's birthday month!  But we've had a great month!  Alise finished school with straight A's all year, seems to be getting out of her batting slump {hitting a triple last week and scoring the winning run}, and we celebrated her ninth birthday yesterday!!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Here's a picture of the Birthday Girl!  We love her to the moon and back!


5 comments:

  1. Such a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday!!!

    $30 for make up is ridiculous. I'm glad you decided otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear about the batting slump improvements!! Happy Birthday Month to your cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priorities certainly do change when you become a mother! It's amazing how everything else comes behind your kids. And, it looks like your daughter had a wonderful birthday cookie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are planning an outdoor kitchen for our next house, which will likely be where we'll stay settled once hubs retires. My neighbors have an awesome outdoor kitchen and a spectacular view as well. I'd live out there, but they dont use it much. We live on our patio when the weather allows. Your girlie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete