Thursday, April 03, 2014

Meant To Be Cheese Danish

I believe Spring has finally Sprung!  Why?  Because POLLEN is definitely in the air!! And on my car!!  And I've caught the first few glimpses of beautiful wisteria along the highway close to our house.  When I see it every year, it reminds me of our Spring wedding nineteen years ago this month!  Happy April!

In case you're wondering, I'm still playing nurse. Ha!  Actually, it hasn't been too bad.  G decided to stay in the hospital over night the day of her surgery because she thought the bed might be easier to get out of for bathroom trips, but I don't think she slept any.  She was discharged the next morning and is still recovering at our house.  I made me her a chocolate cake to make the pain easier to bare. What are friends for?

Last Sunday, our Sunday School teacher made this A-MAZing recipe to share with our class.  She served it warm and it was oh-so delish and I practically begged her for the recipe!  I thought I would share it with you here.  You can thank me later.

Meant To Be Cheese Danish
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans (can use almonds)

Preheat the oven to 350 deg. Grease a13/9/2" baking dish. Unroll one can of crescent rolls and press into bottom of dish, pressing perforations together to form a flat sheet of dough. Ease edges of dough slightly up sides of dish. Combine cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar, the eggs, and vanilla. Spread over crescent roll dough. Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls and place over cream cheese mixture, pinching perforations together. Press edges together to seal.
Combine melted butter, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the cinnamon and pecans. Spread evenly over top layer of crescent roll dough. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden. To server, cut into rectangles. Makes 16 servings. 

So do you have anything fun planned for this weekend? I'm planning to relax by the pool, eat a few pieces of chocolate cake, enjoy the sunshine, and finish a book.  Bliss!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! I think the college group would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get some sun/pool time too!

    ReplyDelete