Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday


Join us over at From This Side of the Pond for Hodge Podge Wednesday!  I've started looking forward to these weekly posts!

1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
The last time I had great intentions of showering someone was HERE!  I say "intentions" because I really, really wanted the shower to be nice, but Mother Nature had other plans!

2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
My favorite Spring Break would have to be two years ago when we took Alise to Memphis for Easter.  We went to the zoo on Easter Sunday and Alise loved it!  She was so disappointed that we didn't get to see everything because we needed to head home {Unfortunately, her parents had to work the next day!}.

3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
I'm really surprised by this one because I wouldn't have thought that it would be the month of April.  When I think of pecans, I think of the Fall.  I guess because that's when I use them in recipes.  My favorite dish would have to be my mom's Pecan Pie.  It's a Thanksgiving and Christmas tradition.  I also tried a recipe last fall, Pecan Pie Bars, and Wayne really liked them, too.

4.  'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
Not an egg person as far as consumption.  I mean, I eat them IN things, but not like "over easy" or anything like that.  Certainly not for breakfast.  I would have to say that I normally "put all my eggs in one basket."  

5.  In my experience___________________________________.
Never frost a chocolate cake with white icing.  Never say, "never."  Except for the first sentence.  That's a true statement.  But, honestly.  I've had to eat my words way to many times!!

6. What's a  favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
I'm thinking, "Rainy Days and Mondays Get Me Down," even though I'm writing this post on Tuesday. We've had two major storms in the past five days and today it's raining again.  I'm trying to think positively in that at least the rain is keeping the pollen washed away!

7. What does the word hope mean to you?
Expectation.  I am so thankful for this question today.  I needed to be reminded about my Faith and what I truly believe in.  So thankful for the HOPE I have in Jesus Christ.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Okay.  Hissy fit time.  Girls, girls, girls!  Please!  For all that is right in the world, DO NOT send someone a wedding shower invitation and then NOT follow up with a WEDDING INVITATION!!  And don't try to tell me that you decided to elope at the last minute, because I know better!  Heaven help us!  What is society coming to?

2 comments:

  1. I think so much of what we called etiquette has been lost which is sad. Never say never is some good advice : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and agree with the frosting thing haha!! Also it cannot believe someone would invite you to the shower and not the wedding?! That's common sense!!

    ReplyDelete