I'm linking up again this week with my friend, Joyce, and her weekly Hodge Podge questions. You can do the same by clicking HERE!
1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can't answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?
I wish I had an answer for this one, but I really don't.
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Although the book dragged some in the middle, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see the movie! I think it comes out around Christmas.
3. Garlic-friend or foe? What's your favorite dish made with garlic?
I love to use garlic when I'm cooking! But I don't normally buy like the garlic "bulbs." My garlic comes in a JAR in the form of minced garlic. The last recipe I used with this ingredient was this one this past weekend. It's a family favorite!
4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person...The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets?
Actually, I would love to go to all of these festivals! All these flowers mean SPRING to me. I noticed the dogwoods blooming here where I live just this week and the wisteria should be blooming soon. Love me some lavender wisteria!! But if I had to choose just one, it would be the Daffodil on Nantucket because I've never been there and I've read several books by Elin Hilderbrand and her settings are nearly always on that island.
5. How do you choose which blogs to read? What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, 'eh, think I'll skip this one and move on to the next'?
Good question. I've found that the types of blogs I enjoy reading depends on whatever it is that I'm in to at the time. For instance, when I started blogging back in 2006, I read mostly "Mommie" & "Family" blogs because Alise was a year old and that was just my life back then. And I met some A-MAZing blog friends during that time. Some of those bloggers have since quit blogging and I miss that. A few years ago, I got into the "home decorating" blogs because we had bought our new home and I needed some ideas and those types of blogs were great sources. These days, I seem to be in to the fashion blogs. What can I say, I like to dress cute! But it seems like everybody has a blog these days! Especially the newly-married girls! Lots and lots of those out there! I just like clean, neat blogs. If a blog has too many advertisements or things blinking and going on, it distracts me from reading and I don't care for it.
I use math every day. I'm a CPA. And I am so thankful that Alise seems to enjoy math and do well in it as well.
Anxious. If you read my blog, you know I'm having a friend stay with us a few days this week while she recovers from surgery. Yesterday was a busy day for us schedule-wise, even without Georgette's company. Alise had tumbling and then softball practice after school. She has no fewer than EIGHT tests this week. So when my mom picked her up from school to take her to tumbling, she called to tell me that Alise was complaining of a migraine. And if you read my blog, you know what an ordeal that is for us, so yeah! I was quite anxious yesterday evening.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Only two more days to Friday!