Thursday, March 20, 2014

Snippets

Happy Spring, Peeps!!  SO excited to see sunshine on this First Day of Spring!!

Leigh told me that I needed to post what I wore today, so I took this picture from my office this morning.  Red skinny pants/ white t-shirt/black and white striped jacket/turquoise necklace for some added color.  I don't normally take good selfies because my arms aren't long enough to get the full shot, but the stars aligned this morning and I got this one on the second try.

I read this last week: "Your peace is more important than anything that makes you mad.  Allowing anger to fester and fuel up inside us paves the way to sin.  Focus on God and your relationship with Him rather than the wrong that's been done to you because your peace is more important."

Love that.  Needed that.

I mentioned earlier in the week that I finished Melanie Shankle's book, The Antelope in the Living Room.  In one of the chapters, she writes about the grace that her husband extended her when she shared something with him that happened even before they were married.  She writes, "He {God} isn't looking for perfection.  He's looking for humble hearts that know we are nothing without his lavish grace.  In Psalm 103...verses 11-12 proclaim, "As high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." I once heard someone say that those words represent the beams of the cross - reaching all the way up to the heavens with his love and stretching out to remove our sins as far as from where the sun rises to where it sets.  That's how much God loves us."

Wow.

Kelly Stamps posted a great post yesterday about how to pray.  Click HERE to read it.

I've been working on and off since January through Angela Thomas' Bible study, Brave.  Click HERE for details about the book. The lesson I was studying on Tuesday was about God being silent and what we can do when we are in circumstances when we don't feel that God is present or that He doesn't care.  The Bible reading was Psalms 22 in which David felt abandoned by God, but he chose to exercise his faith. Angela writes, "If God were going to abandon you, He never would have sent His Son.  If God were going to abandon you, Jesus would never have gone to the cross."

Needed that one, too.

I received a very sweet compliment this week from a new church friend.  She told me I was "...genuine.  Sometimes that is hard to find."  It totally blew me away and brought tears to my eyes, because just the day before, I had posted THIS on my blog {see #5} and I was really worried how writing that would translate to anyone else reading it that didn't know me.  I worried it sounded a bit too harsh. Her comment touched me because naming someone as genuine is not something you hear a whole lot in the world today.  But the truth is - and sometimes to my own disappointment - when I invest in someone, I do so whole-heartedly.  Genuine.  Real.  That's me.

I heard THIS SONG this week and it made me cry.

                        'Cause what if Your blessings came through raindrops
                        What if Your healing comes through tears?
                         And what if a thousand sleepless nights
                         Are what it takes to know You're near?

                                     What if trials in this life are Your mercies in disguise?

Enjoy this First Weekend of Spring, everyone!  I know I am!!

2 comments:

RockinMom said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that outfit. It screams SPRING.
Your post spoke of several things that I needed to hear this morning. Thank you for sharing it.
Gods timing is perfect. Always perfect.
Blessings~

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Cute outfit - I love the colored jeans with black :-)