Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday



I'm playing again with Joyce and her 7 questions this week.  Visit her and everyone else over at From This Side of the Pond!

1. March is known as the windy month. Which of the following phrases best fits your March so far...'throw caution to the wind', 'three sheets to the wind', 'run like the wind', or 'see which way the wind blows'?   
I wish I was 'three sheets to the wind' so I COULD 'throw caution to the wind' and 'run like the wind' to see which way it blows'!!  Goodness it's been a busy week at work this week!!  And I've got Spring Fever! Ain't nothing worse than having to stay inside and WORK while it's so pretty out - although there is a freeze warning in my area of Louisiana for tonight, if you can believe that!

2. Your favorite green food? Your favorite dish made with your favorite green food?
Okay.  All those pics of 'green eggs and ham' during Dr. Suess week just about did me in!  I mean, GROSS! Gag me with a spoon!  My favorite green food would have to be broccoli.  I also like spinach.  When it's in a dip.  Only when it's in a dip.  Oh, and lettuce.  I like salads!

3. Ever been locked out of your home-car-office-anywhere? Do tell!
Yes.  All three.  And that's why I now believe in what is known to many as "a spare key."

4. Yoda, Kermit, Shrek, The Wicked Witch of the West, Oscar the Grouch, The Grinch, or Mike Wasowski (Monsters Inc.)...of the green characters listed, which one's your favorite and why?
The Wicked Witch of the West is my favorite.  Growing up, my mom and I use to watch "The Wizard of Oz" that one time of year when it would come on TV.  She would pop popcorn the old fashion way and that was just a special time for us. My nine year old daughter, on the other hand, would say Yoda. She's half crazed with Star Wars these days!

5. "The first task of a leader is to keep hope alive."~Joe Batten Do you agree? Why or why not? 
Sure.  Sounds good.

6. Share a favorite song with an emotion in it's title.
Crazy by Patsy Cline.

7. What's a road trip you'd like to take?
I was just thinking yesterday that I can not WAIT for our twenty year anniversary honeymoon in Hawaii next year!!  I am SO pumped about it!  We're going on a 7-day Hawaiian cruise.  Has anyone ever been?

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did y'all know Albert Einstein's brain is on display at Princeton University Medical Center??  I only know that tidbit because Alise had to write a paper on him last week.  Weird dude.

3 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Green eggs and ham has never tempted me. I prefer food the color it was meant to be. I once added blue food coloring to a bowl of mashed potatoes when I was ten, it cured me of wanting to add coloring to foods.

Joyce said...

Hmmm...I live not far from Princeton. Might have to check that out : ) Princeton is a lovely town with nice shops and restaurants, so there's always that. It's 31 degrees here right now, so still not feeling like spring. Enjoy your day!

April said...

We went to the Big Island back in 2010 and it was the BEST trip I've ever been on! I loved everything about it! I'm certain that you will, too! Have a blast! I'm your newest follower!