Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Catching Up

Not sure why I feel compelled to share with you what I wore last Friday, but I think this outfit will be one of my go-to's for Spring!  Love this color combo! Just call it my "Tar-jay outfit!"  Say Hello to the headless Laura!

                    Navy Blue & White damask cardigan {this year}
                     White tee/mint green skinny pants {last year}
                                   Neutral Flats {this year}

And this is what I wore to church on Sunday morning.  This wasn't what I had originally planned to wear, but when we woke up that morning, the temps were in the 40's!  Hello Spring!?  {As I write, we're up for a freeze warning tonight!} So I had to come up with something else to wear with my white jeans.  Every girl needs a pair of white jeans!!  For some reason they look baggy in this picture, but they're really not.  I never said I was a model, y'all.
Black t-shirt/leopard cardigan/white jeans
red moccasins

Did I tell ya that I've started walking again?  I started back two weeks ago and I've even upped my two miles to three!!  I can walk three miles in about an hour.  My pants are fitting better, but the weight is slow going.  I've lost two pounds of the seven I need to loose before summer.  Five more to go!  I can do this!!

Wayne and I found ourselves childless Saturday night and would you believe we didn't know what to do with ourselves?!  When we thought we had Alise, we had planned to go as a family to our local Vineyard's {the one Willie bought on "Duck Dynasty"} because they were having an outdoor concert that promised old school music from the 70's and 80's.  When Alise decided to dessert us and spend the night with a friend, we decided not to go the Vineyards and just went out to eat instead.  But alas, it's prom season so the new restaurant that we wanted to try wasn't taking reservations, so we ended up going to another favorite restaurant instead.

Alise started back with softball practice last night.  I was also suppose to attend a meeting about her being a middle school cheerleader last night.  Oh, well.  I simply can't clone myself, so the cheer meeting will have to wait.  We also have a reprieve from homework and tests this week because the kids are taking standardized tests this week.  Thank goodness!!  This mama needed it!

1 comments:

Leigh said...

Love seeing your outfits! Mine would be boring...purple, pink and turquoise scrubs!

Yay on the walking!!