Tuesday, March 11, 2014

BO

Here's a picture of Bo and Alise that I took on Saturday.  You can tell that she's been crying because her eyes are red.  Just breaks my heart.
Displaying photo.JPG
This is not our sweet and hyper dog that we know and love.  The one that loves to run around the yard and bark at the school buses and garbage trucks. He is just the opposite now: quiet, docile.  But he's still hanging on.

Alise goes out to his pen and talks to him all the time now.  She cries and she grieves in her own almost nine year old way.  I let her go alone.  And then I hug her when she comes back into the house with red eyes and wet cheeks.

Wayne had a long talk with her last night about his condition.  She begged to let him sleep inside last night.  Needless to say, none of us slept well and I'm worried about her.  I sent her to school with a note to her teacher, but I fully expect a call early this afternoon with symptoms of a migraine.

Our vet is out of town so Wayne plans to take Bo to the after hours vet clinic tonight when he gets home.  The shots do not seem to be working.

It's just not a very happy time in the Horton Household right now.  I'm hoping and praying for brighter days to come.

1 comment: