Thursday, February 06, 2014

What I'm Into These Days

Part 2.

I don't know why there is a Part 2.

I never intended to have a Part 2 when I originally wrote Part 1.

{Click HERE for Part 1.  If you're interested.}

I read this book by Nicolas Sparks last week:
thebestofme
I love, love, LOVED this book!!  Of course I bawled and squawled.  But I loved it because the characters were "older" - around my age to be exact - and they,
as well as the situation was so real to me.  Never getting over that first love just clicked with me.  And how the book ended just totally blew me away! Now, some of you know that there for a time, I warded off Mr. Sparks. Someone always had to die in his books!  Alas, I've rekindled the flame! Especially after getting to meet him two years ago this month!  Such a very, very nice person!

So read the book and let me know what you think!!  I'm serious!  This one ranked right up there with The Notebook for me!  Oh, and they're making a movie {of course}, too!

Long story short, I got a free sample of this from Ulta a few weeks ago and went back this past weekend to buy the bottle.
A unique combination of multitasking ingredients targets all visible signs of aging while actively restoring youthful, plumping moisture.
Not that I really thought I needed this or anything, but I love the way my face feels and I can tell my skin is firmer.  Yes, it's pricey, but seriously, you do not need to use alot.  Like half a squirt is all.

My boss came to work last week wagging a ziplock bag of Amish Friendship Bread starter and asked if I would like to have it.  What was I suppose to say?  You don't tell your boss no!  Sucker.  So yea, I've been mushing and feeling up bread starter for the last few days.  I'm suppose to cook it - I mean, bake it - in a few days.  Who am I suppose to give all this bread too?I'm glad Mr. Horton likes bread!

And speaking of bread, I can't seem to get enough King Cake these days!
Heaven help me!  These babies were out in our local supermarkets BEFORE Christmas!  I couldn't believe that!  I bought our first one a few days ago and there's only a sliver left.  Wayne had to run to the store one night this week and Alise was calling after him, "Buy more King Cake, Daddy!  More King Cake!" The child insists that we can only eat the "color" of the cake she has assigned to us.  Pah-leese.  I put her butt to bed and then I eat whatever color I want!  Who does she think she is?  The 8 year old King Cake police?

1 comment:

  1. I need a new book so will have to check that one out- I love Nicholas Sparks! And OMG that cake looks delish!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete