Friday, February 14, 2014

Daddy Daughter Banquet

Last Friday night, Wayne and Alise attended the Daddy Daughter Banquet.


To say she was excited would be an understatement.  We really made a big deal out of this year.  I took her to have her nails and hair done.  Of course, she disagreed with me and thought her nails needed to match her dress, but the nail tech did dress the color up by adding glitter and designs.  Alise found a hair picture on Pinterest that she liked, so she showed it to Lauren and we let her do her magic!  Lauren did a great job!  She braided Alise's bangs into the updo and it was so cute, but she looked like a totally different little girl without bangs.

My blog friend, Katherine, found her daughter's pink dress from Walmart. When she posted a picture of it on Instagram, I fell in love with the pink dress and silver sash.  Of course, Katherine had it monogrammed for Pinkie.  I got on line and found the dress, but it was only available in royal blue with a turquoise sash. AND it was on sale!! I showed the dress to Alise and she liked it, but when I mentioned changing out the sash, she said no {of course!}.  I ordered the dress and at the last minute, she changed her mind about having it monogrammed {of course!}.

The coursage was all Wayne and he did an excellent job!  It was beautiful and I wish I had gotten a picture of Alise's face when she saw it!  She was so surprised and that's why she's hugging her daddy in the picture above!  He also got her a little box of chocolates!

They had a great time!  A meal complete with spaghetti and meatballs and strawberry shortcake!  Afterwards, Wayne and Alise went with friends to Orange Leaf for yogurt.

Mommie stayed home and enjoyed a fire, no electricity, and a glass of Muscato.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! My now grown up girls have special memories of Father-Daughter dances they attended. My hubs cherishes those memories too.

    ReplyDelete