Monday, February 17, 2014

A New Week

There seemed to have been a little confusion over whether or not our school was actually out for President's Day.  The local news was reporting that we were in, but we received a call Sunday night from our Head Master that confirmed that we were out.  I had originally planned to take advantage of a long weekend and take off today, but remember the "Feaux Sneaux Day" - not to be confused with the "Neaux Feaux Sneaux Day?"  Yea, well, I took that day instead so I worked on this mighty fine President's Day.

Alise had her first orthodontist appointment this afternoon.  After Christmas, I took her for her six month check up and Dr. B suggested we go ahead and consult with an orthodontist.  And did we ever!  Some time later this summer, Alise will have not one, not two, not even four, but SIX teeth pulled!  Yes, you read correctly.  When I told Dr. C that there was no way Alise would make it through that, he suggested we use an oral surgeon.  My knees began to shake. Dr. C thinks that once we get the teeth pulled and allow some time for "orthatontia drifting," straightening will be minimal and she will not have to wear braces for very long.  He is going to allow time for the drifiting, so braces aren't in our future any time soon. 

I can't remember if I've asked or not, but are you watching the Olympics?  I love watching the ice skating.  What can I say?  I've been a fan since the Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding fiasco in the 90's and Kristi Yamaguchi is my all time favorite ice skater. I've never really been a fan of the pair skating until this year.  I am in. love. with Meryl Davis and Charlie White! Their routine last night was flawless and it proved so by their Olympic record score.

US Olympic Figure Skating 2014: Ranking America's Best Chances for the Podium

I also thought the performance by the Canadian team, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir was wonderful.  Did you know that both teams share the same Coach and practice rink back home?  WOW!  Talk about competition!  My dying-to-know Southern self is wanting to know if they all get along?  Alise went to bed mad last night because I wouldn't let her stay up to watch Meryl and Charlie's skate - but I did record it for her so she could watch it today.  I am also pulling for Gracie Gold.  That little Sister knows how to wear some red lipstick!

And speaking of the Olympics, I would be remissed if I didn't share two of my favorite inspirational stories that have come out of Soshi with you!  Click HERE and HERE.  Grab the tissue box. Love, love, LOVE those stories!  "I wanted him to have dignity as he crossed the finish line."  Oh, if I could just care and have as much compassion as that man did!

If I disappointed anyone by not posting my Monday Menu Plan today, I apologize. I know you were waiting with bated breath - ha!  The truth is, I cooked all weekend! After Wayne and I shared a party pizza on Friday night - Valentine's Day - I decided to get myself in the kitchen this weekend and do some cooking for the week.  Curious minds might like to know that leftover crawfish ettouffee, leftover potato soup, tacos {of course}, and lasagna are what we'll be feasting on this week.  I actually made the lasagna yesterday afternoon, divided it in half and stuck one in the fridge for later this week and the other half went into the freezer for a future meal.

I hope you had a wonderful beginning to a new week!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, when I was in 5th grade I had to have 8 teeth pulled. I still had a mouth full of baby teeth! I just remember the laughing gas. Good luck with that! However I will say I was traumatized by the fact that in 7th grade big teeth had not broken through the gums yet so I went 2 years missing 8 teeth!! that was bad. so, so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. gosh!! Poor Poor Alise!! I can't believe he is going to put her through that. Y'all will be in our prayers during this very serious ordeal.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Winter Olympics much better than Summer. I've always been a fan! I remember as a little girl watching the competitions with my sisters and parents. We would get our snacks and pile up in the Den (Family Room) and watch it every night. At the time my favorite skaters were Dorothy Hamill and Scott Hamilton. I was a big Nancy Kerrigan fan and followed the big scandal. I was so happy for Meryl and Charlie, such a beautiful couple. I think Gracie Gold is just beautiful! She looks like Grace Kelly to me and her name fits her perfectly. Enjoy the rest of the Olympics, I know I will. :)

    ReplyDelete