Friday, January 31, 2014

Top 5 Super Bowl Must Have Appetizers

Today I'm linking up with the girlies from "5 on Friday," but I've decided to do something a little different today.  I'm going to share FIVE must haves for your Super Bowl party this weekend!  See what a BIG Help I am?

{one.}
Being a Southern Girl, no Super Bowl spread would be complete without a little Luzianne Cajun influence.  And who doesn't like a little SPICE thrown in?
Natchitoches Meat Pies have become one of my FAVORITE appetizers to make for ANY party!  I've even made them for a bridal shower!  I've decided not to link to a specific recipe simply because there are so many, and depending on your preference {aka, "taste buds"} you may want to vary a recipe.  Which is what I do.  I've made all sausage meat pies and I've used half sausage, half ground beef.  I use cayanne pepper and Tabasco {the Cajun coming out in me!}.  I always use refrigerated pie crusts/shells {specifically Pillsbury}.  Who wants to be elbow deep in crust?  No need for that.  And I always BAKE mine in the oven instead of frying them.  Makes me feel better about eating them!  Ha! 

So yummy!! My favorite dipping sauce is Spicy Ranch Dressing.

{two.}
Buffalo Chicken Dip.  Period.  This is a man-pleaser if there ever was one!  My favorite recipe is Southern Plate's version HERE.  Make it Sunday and thank me later!

{three.}
Does anyone remember the days when McDonald's sold 25 cent hamburgers on Super Bowl Sunday?  And then a few years later, Taco Bell joined the group by offering 50 cent tacos?  I don't think the pizza joints were too far behind with their own deals.  Ah!  Those were the days!  But how can you NOT have a slice of pie on SB Sunday?  It's football!  It's pizza time!  And I happen to know from experience that kids will eat it up at SB parties!

{four.}
Sliders, sliders, sliders.  They come in SO many varieties!  You can do small mini hamburgers {I suggest with sweet Hawaiian bread only} and provide a topping bar with carmelized onions, bacon, cheeses, jalapeno peppers, the list goes on.  I've also made the ham and cheese sliders that are baked in the oven with the poppy seed dressing on top.  I've also seen the meatball sliders!  Delish and perfect to grab and then get back to watching the big screen.

{five.}
And of course, no SB party would be complete without something SWEET!  For SEC rival & SB parties at our home, everyone has come to expect sugar cookies in the shape of footballs with royal icing to boot.  They are always a hit and gone in no time!  Now, they do take a little extra time to prepare {I usually make the cookies one day and flood with icing the day of the party}, but the smile on everyone's face makes it worth it.  I've even used pre-made brownies, cut them into football shapes with my cookie cutter and pipe with white squeezeable icing. 


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I've given you some ideas for your Super Bowl party on Sunday!  Or at least inspired you to do your OWN version of great appetizers for the day!

Who do you think will win on Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh so glad you posted this!! I'm in charge of bringing apps on Sunday and need a dip! Might try the buffalo one! Have a great weekend Mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Hello from the link up!} Such yumminess!! Enjoy every delicious bit of Super Bowl Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete