Sunday, January 05, 2014

Menu Plan Monday ~ January 6th

Happy New Year!

I'm back!!

Back to Menu Planning!!
And it feels so good!!

I've actually MISSED menu planning!
My family has missed menu planning!
My CHECKBOOK has missed menu planning!!

I took a little break and boy, did I pay for it!
Last week, Mr. Horton and I went to Walmart to do our grocery buying and it was $182!!  And that was just FOOD!  We went without a list or menu plan - OBVIOUSLY - so we spent more.

That's why I continue to believe in the power of menu planning!
I've proved it to myself that I CAN save money!
And it's fun, too!

So this week, we're back to our normal schedules.  Alise is back in school, we're both back at work, and we are one extra-cirricular activity less {for a while anyway}.  My pantry is a disaster area!  And stocked full of things suitable for eating, so this week, we're eating out of the pantry.  And just because, I'm not planning a dessert this week.

Monday
Shrimp Jambalaya

Tuesday
Tostadas
Refried Beans

Wednesday
Sesame Chicken
Brown Rice

Thursday
Sloppy Joes
French Fries

Friday
Dinner Out!

Saturday
One Pot Baked Ziti
Green Bean Bundles
Garlic Bread

Sunday
Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf

Pioneer Woman's Smashed Potatoes
Corn
Crescent Rolls

Before I go, I have to tell you about a NEW Horton Family Favorite I discovered over the weekend!!

If you like GREAT, HEARTY soups, then you need to try this Cheeseburger Paradise Soup like NOW!  With the winter weather headed our way this week, this soup will be PERFECT for those cold days!!  It's like cheese and potato soup mixed up in one!!  And don't be afraid to use the jalapeno peppers!!  I used canned peppers and it wasn't spicy at all!  I've moved the recipe on my Pinterest board and you can follow all our Horton Family Favorite recipes by clicking HERE.

Have a TASTY week!!
For more menu ideas, visit OrgJunkie!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to be back to normal routine! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete