Thursday, January 30, 2014

I'm Not A Betting Kinda Girl

I really had no intentions for most of my posts to be about the Super Bowl this week.  It just happened that way.  However, make sure you come back to visit on Friday when I post my "Top 5 Super Bowl Appetizer Must Haves"!

This is the first year I've heard of "Super Bowl Props."  Have you ever heard of them? And even with a tad of research, I never did find a great definition.  I'm not a betting or gambling kinda girl, but I can kinda piece things together and apparently "props" are like betting lines; they are just a creative way of coming up with new "ideas" to bet on, other than just, who will win the game. In other words, it gives gambling people more opportunity to either win or loose.

Here are some of the more popular SB props for 2014 that I thought were interesting.  I thought they might make a fun game for a SB party:

Will it snow during the game?

What will be the temperature at kickoff?

What will be the lowest temperature during the game?

Will the power go off in the stadium during the game?

How long will it take Renee Fleming to sing the National Anthem {WHO is Renee Fleming??}?

Will Renee Fleming wear gloves while she sings the national Anthem? {Again, WHO is Renee Fleming??}

If she does wear gloves, what color will they be {And just so you know, the color choice is white?}

How many times will Payton Manning say, "Omaha," during the game?

How many times will Archie Manning be shown during the game {this cracks me up!}?

Which coach will be mentioned first by name after kickoff?

Will any member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers be shirtless during the half time performance?

Will any player receive a penalty for excessive celebration during the game {Uh, DUH!}?

What will the TV rating be for the Super Bowl?

And the list goes on.

I'm also hearing that there are 18,000 seats left for Sunday to attend the game.  Live.  In the freezing cold.  And possible snow.

In other news NOT related to the Super Bowl, if you are a Downton Abbey fan and haven't read Big Mama's post on The Pioneer Woman's blog, you are missing it!  Love, love, love this recap!  Beware: Spoiler Alert!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment