1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?
It's funny that you asked this question, because just last night, we got an invitation to a Sweet 16 birthday party and...you guessed it! It's at the bowling alley! But to answer the question, no, I don't bowl and so therefore, I would not be any good at it.
2. Should sports stars be role models?
Oh boy! I could write a dissertation about this! If you've been reading my blog for very long then you already know how I feel about this subject. First of all, football is my favorite sport and I don't normally watch "pro" sports simply because I think something happens to players once they begin to be "paid-to-play." I DO watch college football and I'm partial to SEC teams and my Alabama Crimson Tide. My personal opinion is that yes, sports stars are role models and I think society rewards inappropriate behavior. But should sports stars be role models, I don't think they all should for various reasons. I'm going to stop there. A-hem.
3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
Sorry, but I don't do oatmeal. Give me a Special K Pastry Crisp instead. And make it chocolate.
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
I love to read. I'm on Good Reads if anyone is interested in following me. Right now I'm reading Lisa Gardner's new book, Fear Nothing. It's a little too grotesque for me, but I'm still reading to find out "who dun it." I haven't really kept up with what books are coming out in 2014, but I would like to read Private LA by James Patterson. I really enjoy that series. I'm more into novels and thrillers/suspense books. My favorite book that I read in 2013 was Jodi Picoult's, Storyteller. Very, very good!
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
That I was a good mom. When I was growing up, my mother always told me that she wanted my brother and I to just "grow up and be good kids." And that's all I really want for Alise. I know she won't always make the best decisions, but if she can become a God-fearing young woman and have a good head on her shoulders and be an asset to society, my role as mom will be complete.
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
A Time To Kill. No matter what Wayne and I are doing, when that movie's on, we're watching. I will also stop for Pretty Woman or Titantic.
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
I'm an 80's and '90's girl big hair girl, so what can I say? I didn't like the psychedelic colors of the '80's, but they've even made a come back these days. I wasn't a fan of the grunge look, either. Look, just give me a pair of leggings, an oversized button up denim shirt, and some boots and I am oh-so happy!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm really not looking forward to conjugating verbs tonight. Third grade homework is killing me!