Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

If you know me, then you  know that I am LOVING this cold weather!!

I'm a WINTER person!  I love layers and boots and fires and bundling up.  But good grief!  If we're going to have temps in the teens and twenties, couldn't we at least have a little SNOW to go with it??  Ha!  This coming from the same woman that took not one, but BOTH her winter wool coats to the dry cleaners two days before the cold weather set in!

I've been reading the devotional, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and I love it because it's written as if Jesus was talking to me personally.  Yesterday, this sentence spoke so much to me: "Ask the Holy Spirit to help you receive My glorious Love in full measure."  I prayed that God would just open my heart and that I would feel His love for me at some point during the day.  As I was writing this post later yesterday and thinking about the cold and snow, I felt prompted to look and see what the Bible said about snow.  There are several references in the Bible of people having "as white as snow" leprosy, but as I researched further, I read and FELT God's glorious Love in full measureCome now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..."  (Isaiah 1:18)

I learned a new word about a month ago.  It was ombre.  Google it.  It's a popular trend for ladies' hair color right now and even though I would never have the nerve to do it {besides, my hair is too curly and short to see the real effect of the style},I kinda like how the hair color goes from dark to light to even lighter on the ends.

Scarlet.  

Deep.  

Red.  

Dark.

Stained.

Unrecognizable.

Foul.

Soiled.

Dusty.

Cloudy.

Beige.

Vanilla.

Pure. White.

Can you feel the ombre of God's glorious Love in full measure?

1 comment: