Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Awards Day

This morning was Awards Day at Alise's school for the second nine weeks.  So so proud of Baby Girl for making all A's again when so many of her friends and classmates did not.   She also received a "Character Counts Award" for COMPASSION!  That makes my heart smile.



Displaying 20140115_085323.jpg



Third grade is hard, y'all.  I'd be lying if I said it wasn't.  We study six days a week, but I am so thankful that Alise got out of her slump from the beginning of the year. She really is a smart little girl and she always does her best.  I am so proud of her!! 

Apparently our school is trying to have a 3rd and 4th grade girls softball team. Yesterday evening, some texts were flying back and forth between parents in our class because apparently, two of the girls in Alise's class are going to play.  Right now, the team is 3rd through 6th, but if they had enough girls, there could also be a 3rd through 4th team.  I purposely did not say anything to Alise about it because I wanted to see what her friends would say at school about it today and see if she would be interested.  I spoke to one of the moms this morning, whose daughter has never played softball and who went to practice yesterday and she said that her daughter was totally overwhelmed with all the hand signals, knowing when to run, hitting the ball and all that. But I'm curious what Alise will think about it and whether or not she'll be interested in playing for her school since she already plays rec softball.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Aw that's so sweet she got the compassion award! Will be interested to hear if she starts softball! :) my Hubby is counting down the days till the girls can start sports haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious awards' pictures! Way to go Alise!

    ReplyDelete