Friday, January 24, 2014

5 On Friday

I'm having a hard time these days finding things to blog about.  Do you ever get like that?  I mean, I'm in the mood to write, but I just don't have anything to write about!  Because this is our family blog, most of what I write is about Alise and our family life.  Of course, I've been known on more than one occasion to throw a Southern Style Hissy Fit in word form, but who hasn't?  I mean, REALLY!

So thank-you's go out to the sweet girls who came up with "5 on Friday" link party idea!  You've helped this Southern Girl out today!


{one.}
You may remember from last week's 5OF post that I had a birthday this week.  Yep!  This Mama turned the big 4-1 this past Monday.  I'm not sure about you, but birthdays are BIG DEALS at our house!  And no birthday is complete without cake and or cookie cake and ice cream.  Alise kept insisting that Wayne buy me a cookie cake {what she likes} on Monday, but we had just gotten home from Alabama and celebrating our aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary, so I had pretty much had my fill of cake and sweets.  I also knew that my co-workers would be buying me a cake at the office.  And here it is: 
Displaying 20140121_140105.jpg
It was delicious and my fav: chocolate on chocolate!  I brought what was leftover home so that Wayne and Alise could enjoy some, too!

{two.}
Guess I'll hafta be making my own sketti for the next twelve months!!  Our Olive Garden Restaurant burned this week.  To say it was a sad day in my life would be an understatement.  This mama loves some pasta!!  And I really love some OG, y'all!  Unfortunately, the building was a complete loss, but there are plans to rebuild {Yeah!} and hopefully the restaurant will be open again before the holiday season.  Wait!  That's a LONG time!!  Holidays?  Didn't we just get over the holidays??  And also - as a friend and I were talking - if you have a Fazzoli's in your realm of the kingdom, then you are sooo lucky!!

{three.}
In 1994, I was obsessed with the figure skating!  Kristi Yamaguchi was my hero!  I love, love, LOVED to watch her on the ice and I was also a fan of Nancy Kerrigan.  This week marks 20 years since the skating scandal between Kerrigan and fellow skater, Tonya Harding.  What do you think?  Do you think  Tonya Harding got away with the attack?  In my heart, I really hope that she didn't have anything to do with it, but I have my doubts.  Tonya never seemed happy to me in that time period: she never smiled and she always looked so tormented.  I think this scandal prompted the beginning of the sports world fall out.

{four.}
I took Alise to the dentist over Christmas break.  No cavities but Dr. B suggested that I consult with an orthodontist.  Really?  I mean, I was oh-so hoping that we could squeeze out a few more years before we had to start thinking about this kinda thing.  Unfortunately, Alise has got some over crowding, and we knew this.  But whatever you do, don't mention pulling teeth to her because she wigs. out.  I don't know how in the world we're going to get her in the chair when the time comes.

{five.}
Question: If you have garage doors on your house and your kitchen door is in your garage, do you lock your kitchen door when the garage doors are down?  Home and away from home.  What do you do?  I'll let you know the reason for my question next week!

Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had Olive Garden for probably 2 years...I did always love their Chicken Scampi.

    Our garage door goes into the laundry, but we lock it at night and when we travel.

    ReplyDelete