Friday, January 17, 2014

5 on Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

{one.}
We are headed to Sweet Home Alabama for this long happy-birthday-to-me weekend.  Wayne's aunt and uncle are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary with a party tomorrow afternoon.  Fifty years!  Can you imagine??  We are excited about seeing and spending time with our family!  Alise can't wait to see Katie and Colton!

{two.}
So as of 3:00 Monday afternoon, I'll be rocking 41!  Y'all know I don't like sharing my birthday with MLK.  No offense, but WHY does it seem like every year my special day is shared with a dead person?  Oh well.  This year my special day will be spent in the car, but we'll be celebrating the next weekend fer sure!

{three.}
My hair dresser is moving to NOLA.  I. am. just. SICK, y'all!!  I've mentioned Ashley on my blog before.  Remember, I talked about her gorgeous tattoos?  If you could see her, you would think I was crazy for trusting her with my hair and I don't mean that in an ugly way.  I just mean that she and I look nothing alike!  She's more retro, heavy eyeliner, always wears black, jet black hair with a wild colored streak, and of course, I mentioned the tattoos, but the girl can do hair, y'all!  I am going to miss her so much!  And I'm really, really REALLY dreading finding someone else to do my hair.

{four.}
So what do y'all think about Harry Connick Jr. on American Idol??  A friend of mine wrote on Facebook that the only reason she was watching AI this season was because of him!  Ha!  I haven't watched AI since Steven Tyler left and even then, I didn't watch it religiously.  I did watch the first airing Wednesday night and I wasn't too impressed with the singers.  But I DO like HCJr. and I have to agree with my friend that he's the reason I'm watching, too.  I loved when he told one of the girls that she needed to sing songs that were appropriate for her age and that she was too young for a tattoo.  He said his daughter wanted one and he wouldn't let her have one.  At least someone in Hollywood has their head on right!!

{five.}
Last Sunday, our pastor preached a GREAT message about New Year's resolutions.  He said that his wife came up with a great idea that instead of making a resolution {that you may or may not even keep}, have one word for the year to remember and reflect on.  The amazing thing is that God had already laid this idea on my heart as well.  The word for me for 2014 is PEACE.  My verse for the year that goes along with it is John 10:27.  I plan on writing a post about this idea soon.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura- thanks for visiting my blog today. I added you too, via Bloglovin'. We did mention several of the same things : ). I sympathize with you on the hairdresser moving- very sad! So stressful finding someone new.

    We share a love of SEC football, although I I can't say Roll Tide because we're Vol fans. What do you think about Lane Kiffen coming to Bama? He is not well loved in Knoxville : ). Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED my hairdresser when we lived there! I even thought about driving from Tyler to M after we moved. Funny that I don't even remember the names of the streets there to tell you where she worked...I can find out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, HCJ is the only reason to watch. Combine that with Keith's voice and it makes for a great show! Happy, Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete