Sunday, December 15, 2013

In Sickness & In Health

Hello Friends!  I hope you had a great weekend!  Ours was a mixed bag of sorts. Some ups and downs.

On Friday night, we had planned to go out to dinner, but it was cold and rainy and Wayne got home late, so we decided to stay in and order pizza.  While Alise watched TV in her room, Wayne and I began catching up on Scandal on Netflix. This was not a show that I EVER thought I would like, but y'all, it is SO good!  The second season is SO crazy...twist and turns and totally unexpected cliffhangers. We really like this show!  But two episodes of season 2 was all we could handle Friday night and we were in bed by 9:00.  We slept until 8:30 the next morning. Can you say, exhausted?

Saturday, the big Duck Commander Christmas was happening in downtown Monroe with the Duck Dynasty cast and even though we like the show and appreciate all this family is doing to give back to our community, downtown just wasn't where we wanted to be on Saturday.  The local news was describing the event as "An LSU football game comes to downtown Monroe."  That means TONS of people, y'all and we weren't in the mood for crowds.  One of Wayne's co-workers told him about a restaurant and shops in downtown Vicksburg, so we scheduled a sitter and headed east Saturday afternoon.  I wish to goodness I had thought about taking pictures while we were there, but I didn't.  The shop windows were all decorated in their Christmas attire and everything was lit up so pretty.  We had a great afternoon walking the brick paved streets and shopping.  I was able to pick up two more Christmas gifts.  After shopping, we had an early dinner at Rusty's.  It was a seafood and steak restaurant and it was very good! The fried green tomatoes were wonderful!!

When we got home Saturday night, Wayne came down sick with cold symptoms and I ended up with a very, very bad migraine headache.  He was in the bed sneezing and I am ashamed to say it, but I found myself lying on the bathroom floor deathly ill with my head about to explode!  A few hours later, I woke up, still on the bathroom floor (we have stained concrete floors in our home and I know this sounds weird, but the coldness of the floors helped cool my body and helped my head).  Wayne couldn't get comfortable or sleep, so we decided to watch more of Scandal.  As of this post, we both haven't slept a wink!  At 7:00 this morning, I convinced him to go to the clinic and he was diagnosed with a sinus infection.  So today, we have laid in the bed, watched movies and football.  I've tried to finish a book.

It's still rather dreary outside and cold without the sun shining, and I'm craving some hearty soup.  I've decided to make this soup for supper tonight.  I'll have to let you know how it turns out!

I hope Mr. Horton feels better soon!  There is a reason God didn't make me a nurse!  But I did promise "in sickness and in health."  Ha!  So far, I've picked up yucky kleenexes, got his three prescriptions (he got two shots at the clinic), made bacon and toast for breakfast and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.  Whew!  I could really use some SLEEP!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you both were sick :( I get migraines and they are the worst! Hopefully you all are on the mend! Also we are going to start Scandal soon- I've heard it's so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo! Hope y'all feel better soon. I totally love those DD folks. Not enough to fight a crowd to see them, but I do like them! So does Sofia. Hooray for more Saban!

    ReplyDelete