Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Happy December

Happy December everyone! Let the Christmas season begin!

How was your Thanksgiving?  This was the first year that we had Thanksgiving at our house and I kinda liked it!  Granted, I didn't cook the "traditional TG meal," but I still cooked!  And I can gladly say that I've discovered TWO more Horton Family Favorites!  Yay for Thanksgiving!  Even if I feel like I've gained 10 pounds in 4 days!

Here are the two new family favorites: Cajun Corn Casserole and Ruth Chris' Sweet Potato Casserole.  Of course, Mr. Horton wouldn't try the corn casserole, but everyone else thought it was really yummy.  It didn't have that much of a "Cajun-y" taste - just a slight kick with the two jalapeno peppers, even after I added a little Tony Chachere's.  I think next time I will add more jalapeno.  Oh!  And that deal about not messing with jalapeno peppers and then touching your eyes?  That really is the truth.  Even when you are trying to put your contacts in!  The sweet potato casserole was wonderful, but I would recommend cooking it longer than the directions say.  I cooked mine for nearly an hour and it was a slight bit too runny for me.  Other than that, it was perfect!

I've been trying to get the house decorated for Christmas, but it's a work in progress.  I do a little bit here and a little bit there.  The tree has been up since nearly the beginning of November and for the most part, it's finished.  I thought I had misplaced my nativity set collections, but I am so glad I finally found them!  I bought a new tree to go in the kitchen, but right now, it's just a tree with lights because I can't decide what theme I want to go in.  I put lighted garland on the staircase for the first time this year.  I plan to hang our Christmas cards from it with red ribbon.  And I got my Christmas dishes out this year, too!

Now, about that football game on Saturday....I just wanna say, for the record, that I predicted all along that Auburn would beat us.  I've been trying to convince Mr. Horton since like the 5th week of the season!  Auburn {or Albarn} had been improving every week and even after we beat LSU, I knew we still didn't stand a chance.  We were tired or something or other because we weren't playing well against soft opponents like MSU.  When I woke up Saturday morning, I told Wayne I had a bad feeling about it. I wasn't shocked or upset that Auburn won but I was shocked about HOW they won.  Saban made a "Mad Hatter" call and it wasn't in our favor.  And to say that Cade Foster lost the game for us simply isn't true.  No one played well.  Auburn just wanted it more.

And because it's now December, I'll give you a Christmas card sneak peek!

Have a good week!  We're trying to get back into our weekly routine with homework and art and tumbling.  By the way, I was writing down Alise's grades like I normally do when she brings signed papers home and Baby Girl's lowest grade is a 92/B in English.  Except for that grade, she has made A's all nine weeks in every subject!!  So very proud of her!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to "see" you here again! I have felt the same way all year about Bama - just haven't looked like National Champions. So while I wanted them to win, I was not shocked either. After the game we went to see Catching Fire - Harrison said - we could skip if I needed to stay home and cry - lol! Anywho, might have to try that corn casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a happy Thanksgiving! That picture of the 3 of you is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete