Monday, December 09, 2013

Etsy, Pinterest, & Pillows

Because it's Christmas and I'm feeling generous, I thought I would share two Etsy sites that I recently used and loved!  I haven't bought anything from Etsy in a while, but I like to think of the site as my personal assistant to Pinterest. See, I surf Pinterest for ideas that I love and then go to Etsy to find some poor soul a seller to make my idea happen.  That's what working moms do. So if you're a working mom that wants to have all the cutesy stuff for your kids' parties or the "wow factor" in your home decorating, then by all means, follow the process!

The first seller I used was CeceliaJane for our Christmas cards.  Now, I'm not quite ready to release our proof just yet - you should be receiving them in the mail very soon - but I was very pleased with the final product.  I spent a few weeks scouring Pinterest for ideas, but once I decided on a style, the rest was a piece of cake!  What sold me was the fact that she was willing to print the cards and mail them instead of just sending me a pdf file.  Pdf files may be the way to go for some people, but not for me.  I don't keep cardstock laying around the house, so I would have to take the file to Kinko's and have them printed.  Just another thing to add to my to do list. Jennifer was so nice.  She ended up sending the cards second day air so that I would have them before the weekend.  Very nice and easy to work with, so I recommend her for any card or invitation printing you might have.

I usually like to have a small happy for Alise to pass out to her classmates at her school parties.  I fell in love with the "Rudolph nose" idea, but I needed some toppers for the bags to put the treats in.  Never fear!  Designer Favors to the rescue!  Here's the toppers I chose:



I would highly recommend using this seller again!  Visit her store!  She has tons of party things!

Y'all!

I just had the most A-MAZ-ing idea!!!

MONTHS ago, I somehow found these "Mr." and "Mrs." pillows on Etsy and I fell in love with them.  They were monogrammed in linen, I think and when I emailed the seller to ask if they were available in white {because our bedroom is white}, she told me that they weren't.

GUESS WHO IS MAKING PILLOWS NOW!!

MY FLOWER GIRL!!

I'm going to ask H if she would make me some Mr. & Mrs. pillows!!  Wouldn't that be AWESOME??  My flower girl making the pillows??

I'll let you know what she says.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I am a fan of your Pinterest/Etsy/happiness process! Can't wait to see the card!

    I have seen those pillows too and love them!

    ReplyDelete