Sunday, October 20, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - October 21st

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

For ideas and menus, visit OrgJunkie.  Com'on, you can do it!

About a year and a half ago, one of our local chefs jumped to famous status when he won "Chopped," the series on Food Network.  Click HERE to see my original post.  Cory is now in the works with opening a NEW Italian restaurant and oh! how I wanna go!  This girl loves some Italian food!  

I think I see a date night in my future!

And speaking of Italian food, The Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe from last week wasn't good.  Ha!  I bet you thought I was gonna say it was oh-so good, right?  Well, it wasn't.  Sorry.  Hate to dampen the mood, but I probably won't be making THAT version of one of my favorite dishes again.  But here's the deal:  I think it was all about the cheese.  The recipe called for Italian cheeses, so I bought the bag of 5 Italian cheeses.  Not good.  "Nuff said about that.  Except that I think Mr. Horton felt sorry for me and took me and Baby Girl to Olive Garden Friday night!

Here's last week's menu:
Monday
Daddy cooks:  Grilled Shrimp     {CHECK}
Baked Potatoes
Ceasar salad

Tuesday
Cheese Quesadillas  {CHECK}

Wednesday
Cajun Chicken Pasta   {CHECK}

Thursday
Crawfish Ettouffe'   {CHECK}
French bread

Friday
Family Night/ Mom's Night Off/Eat Out {'Nuff said}   {DEFINITE CHECK}

Saturday
Gumbo    {CHECK}
French Bread

Sunday
Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf  Home made pizza
Smashed Potatoes
Vegetable
Rolls

Desserts for the Week:
Reese's Mini Cheesecakes  {CHECK}


Here's this week's menu:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday

Thursday
Pork Tenderloin
Friday
Last school football game

Saturday
New Orleans Style Cajun Beans & Rice
Corn Bread

Sunday
Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf
Smashed Potatoes
Vegetable
Rolls

Desserts for the Week:
I planned lots of new recipes this week!
Some of these recipes are really simple and have been hanging out in my "Recipes I Want To Try" board for a while.  Now's the time.

I am also in the mood for SOUP!
Which can be a GOOD thing or a BAD thing!

GOOD meaning the soup turns out just like the Campbell's commercial...M-m-m, Good! And BAD meaning that I can't  eat just one bowl! Ha!

So why did I chose Disneyland Loaded Baked Potato Soup?  

Maybe I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic this week since it was a year ago that we visited the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!


Have a TASTY week!!

2 comments:

  1. Your menu looks good!! I'll be curious to hear how some of the new recipes are :) I just made out my menu today so maybe I will post!! I always say I'm going to but never do! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have to give Spaghetti Boats a try...we always have leftover spaghetti and aren't the best at eating it.

    That Snicker Caramel Apple Pie looks AMAZING!

    Love the pic from Disney...so fun!

    ReplyDelete