Thursday, October 17, 2013

By The Sheer Skin Of Our Teeth

Or by the hairs of our chinny-chin-chin.

I am happy to announce that Alise made all A's the first nine weeks of third grade.  She ended up with a 94/A - one point from a B - in reading.

The story goes something like this: Apparently, Alise had a little wigging out session yesterday when Ms. T, her reading and English teacher, passed out signed papers.  She noticed that one of her reading test papers from the week before {she had TWO reading tests the week before} was not in with the rest of her test papers.  When she asked Ms. T about it, her teacher explained to the class that they had only taken "half" of that test and when they finished their mystery genre book and completed the worksheet {book report} this week, that would count as an entire test grade on the new nine weeks.  I think that's when Alise wigged out.  She knew that she needed to make a 100 on the second reading test to make and A.  Alise said Ms. T called her up to her desk and told her not to worry, that she had made a 94/A in reading for the first nine weeks.  Alise said her friends were asking her why she was crying and she told them they were "tears of joy."

In all honesty, I do believe Ms. T spotted A a few one-hundredths of a point because according to my record keeping, she really should have had a B.  Even with the rounding.  Suffice is to say that Alise and I had another come-to-Jesus meeting {our 100th for the first 9 weeks} and I explained to her that I absolutely could. NOT. go through what we've gone through this first nine weeks.  I think we are on the road to recovery.

Here's the happy girl with her report card!


There is no rest for the weary.  We have six tests this week and a project due on Monday.

I just LOVE Third Grade!

Alise's teachers sent this home on Tuesday.  Do you think they were trying to tell me something?

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for Alise! Glad she made it to her goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! We had a similar experience this week - about Reading! Her level has dropped since she switched schools! Ugh. She did however, end up with all A's as well! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go, Alise! ya'll have a tough grading scale. We're on 10 point scale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, it has been 9th! LOL I haven't stopped moving since it started! I finally realized why I was so tired! Keep it up, mama!

    ReplyDelete