Friday, October 18, 2013

5 On Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

I'm linking up with The Good Life Blog for the "5 on Friday" link up party.  I haven't participated in a while, but I thought I might try to get back in the swing of things this week.

ONE.
We're still working on our October Bucket List.  Go HERE to see what we have planned for the month and how we're doing.  I decided to use our trip to Dallas last weekend to the American Girl Doll Store in place of our trip to visit friends in T-Town.  After all, we were suppose to go last weekend and things just didn't work out.  And here is one of our family art projects!
I had originally hoped to get all THREE of our footsies in the project, but when I saw how HUGE Alise's foot was, I just decided to use her's instead.  Baby Girl has got some big feet!!  The lettering and wording weren't what I was hoping for, but I still love it!!  I plan to dress it up a little more next year.

TWO.
Alise made All A's for the first nine weeks!
So, so proud of her {even though I am worn slap out!}!!

THREE.
Alise and I decorated Monday afternoon while she was out of school for Columbus Day.  I normally put my ghosts by the front door on October 1st every year, but this year, it didn't happen until Monday.  And my ghetto pumpkin has just about bit the dust!


Here is a pic of my Fall decorating on and over the kitchen island {ignore all the junk in the background.  I promise we're not junky people!}.
Can you guess which pumpkin is fake?  Also, one of these babies will be transformed into a minion for our school Pumpkins on Parade Party at the end of the month.

FOUR.
Y'all, I found this new game for my phone and ipad and I'm loving it!  At night, after we get Alise in bed, we watch TV - I say "we" - but I'm on the ipad pinning or playing Words With Friends, but this is a game that you can play alone.  It's a free app called Word Jigsaw and it's so much fun!  It can be hard at times, but you can choose what level you want to play at.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

FIVE.
And of course....most importantly...John Grisham's new book, Sycamore Row, comes out this Tuesday!  {Squeal!}  I had gotten away from Grisham years ago, but in the last two years, I've read Calico Joe {a must-read} and I really enjoyed The Racketeer.  When I heard that SR was going to be a spin off of A Time To Kill, I was SOO excited because it was my favorite book by JG.  I hope the book lives up to all the hype in my mind, but even if it doesn't, I've got it pre-ordered and plan to begin reading on Tuesday.

I hope you have a wonderful Fall weekend!  Haircuts and the pumpkin patch are on our agenda.  What's on yours?

6 comments:

  1. Your project is cute. I pinned that on pinterest and might have to give that a try. I am sure that I already have all of the supplies needed.

    Your ghosts are so cute!

    I just downloaded Word Jigsaw. I loved Words with Friends but hated having to wait to make the next move.

    So excited to read Sycamore Row - I have a post-it in my planner to remind me to pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ghost feet!
    Come link up with me and enter my giveaway from Wednesday!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all yay for Alise's grades!!! How exciting!! Also love the decorations and that art project is so cute! I want to do some with the girls but need them to get a little older :) hope you guys have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All A's! :) That makes me smile. Happy fall, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Alise for making all A's! The fall or Halloween decorating we've done so far is our coffee mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Alise ghosts to hang on her wall. I've seen them on canvas. So cute! I've got it bookmarked to do one day. Honestly, I have no more walls to put it, if did do it. I love to decorate this time of year. I've been a little late on things this year. Too busy. Hope y'all enjoyed Bama whipping up on Ar-kansas!

    ROLL TIDE!!!! LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete