Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Third Grade Woes

Y'all, Third Grade is about to kill me!

I wish someone would shoot me and just put me out of my misery!

I warned Mr. Horton that Third Grade was going to lead to my early death. He laughed.

I showed him a page of years and facts on Yuma {don't ask!} and the time line Alise has to do for a Social Studies test on Thursday.

He might understand now.

This is the third week in a row that we have had no fewer than 6 tests.  In every subject.  Some subjects, more than one test per week.

We study seven days a week.  And you would think that would be enough, but my daughter seems to have lost all reading and English skills over the summer and I'm not happy with her grades as they stand right now, so she's grounded.  I swear, I think I need to tie a string around her finger so that she can remember to put a comma between the city and state in a sentence!

Baby Girl has lost her mind and her Moma ain't too far behind her!

If we pull this year out and I'm still alive, then it will be a miracle.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that this is a hard year. I can't stand homework. And it sounds like y'all have waaaay to much of it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds tough!

    ReplyDelete