Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Brighter Days Ahead

Hello, Friends!

We are having a great time enjoying the first few days of Fall, even if Mother Nature refuses to cooperate. She teased us this past weekend with much cooler temps {that I loved!}, but once again, it's back up in the high 90's.  Will Fall officially ever get here??  The weather was so wonderful on Sunday morning, I broke out my boots for church!

Alise brought home signed papers this week and her grades in reading and English were MUCH better!  I'm happy to report that she is no longer grounded.  But just to give you an idea of her carelessness, on a reading test, she had to read a paragraph about the Statue of Liberty and then answer some questions.  One of the questions was "what is on top of the Statue of Liberty's head?"  What does Alise circle?  A torch.  A torch?  So careless.  And that's what we seem to be fighting these days.  That and commas between the city and the state.  I'm still hoping for straight-A's by the end of the nine weeks, but Alise has alot of work to do to get there!

I don't think I've mentioned it here, but the pizza oven is finished!!

We haven't made our first official pizza yet, but we're hoping to do that in a few weeks {if it will ever get cooler!}.  Wayne did a great job and did the entire project by himself except for a little help from our neighbor and some help from our cousin, Doug with pulling the mold out {the white part in the middle}. Can't wait to sit out in the cook shack and be warmed with a fire and fresh baked pizza!  Yummy!!

Alise's Big Sis has been nominated for Senior Homecoming Maid.  We'll find out next week if she was chosen as Homecoming Queen.  Alise is beside herself with excitement!  She is really hoping that K wins!!
Here is a pic of them from last week's pep rally, themed, "Blast from the Past."  Wayne and I suggested Alise wear her poodle skirt, but she didn't want to.  She had me text K to see if it was okay if she wore her poodle skirt and when K texted back that she thought it was a great idea, Alise was all about it!!  It didn't matter what we thought!

Seems like I'm not the only person wondering what the heck to wear to a Depeche Mode concert!  You would not BELIEVE the number of hits I've gotten on my blog for it!  Ha!  Wouldn't it be funny if everyone showed up in camouflauge?  Oh, well.  I don't think I'll be wearing the camo pants.  If it's as hot as it is now, I'll definitely be wearing shorts!

I am sooo ready for the new Fall season to begin on TV.  There is absolutely NOTHING to watch right now!  Except for a show that Wayne and I picked up on called, Cold Justice.  It's really good and last week's episode was about a cold murder case that happened about 20 minutes away from us.

Also, Nicholas Sparks' new book, The Longest Ride, comes out today.  Has anyone heard anything about it?  I seem to be in a reading slump right now. Nothing seems to be interesting to me lately.  Do you ever get like that?  But I know for a fact that I'll be picking up John Grisham's sequel to A Time To Kill called, Sycamore Row, next month!  Can't wait for that one!

I hope you are having a great week!  Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Pizza oven looks great! W is so talented!! I'm number 22 for The Longest Ride at our fav library. Hoping it goes fast!

    Tell A I'm proud of her for working so hard at school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with your pizza oven --- I bet the pizza will be amazing!

    I am on the waiting list at the library for The Longest Ride but I am not sure if I can wait that long...I got on the list late and the last time I checked I was # 118! And I really can't wait for Sycamore Row to come out....I love John Grisham and A Time to Kill is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that y'all haven't made a pizza yet. Yeah, I really don't blame you though, it has been too hot here as well. Alise really looks up to her big sis. HAHA! It happens. Our spirit week is coming up soon, can't wait to see what each day will hold. I may have to go do some shopping because everything Katie dressed up in last year, doesn't fit this year. Has Alise decided what she wants to dress up as this year for Halloween? Katie's getting upset because Colton has his costume, TMNT, and her little mind is blank.

    Y'all have a great weekend! ROLL TIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete