Friday, August 02, 2013

Show Us Your Life - Marinated Grilled Shrimp

Today I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner to share my favorite grilling recipe.

I'm a Louisiana Girl and everyone knows that Louisiana Girls love their shrimp!

We have a pool and an outdoor kitchen, so most of our week nights and all of our weekends are spent outside - which I prefer a lot better as to heating up the kitchen.  My thoughts are, it's already hot outside!  Why mess up the kitchen?  Besides, the outdoor kitchen is Mr. Horton's domain, so why mess with a good thing?  

Right?

Earlier this summer, I came across a GREAT grilled shrimp recipe that has quickly become a family favorite.  It is so easy and if you like spice?  BAM! You can turn it up a notch by increasing the cayenne pepper.

Marinated Grilled Shrimp

3 minced garlic cloves
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Skewers

In a large bowl, mix all marinade ingredients.  Add shrimp and stir until coated.  Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to an hour, stirring once or twice. Thread shrimp onto skewers.  Lightly oil grill grate and grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes.  Note:  I used thawed, previously frozen shrimp and brushed any leftover marinate on shrimp while they grilled.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Y'all have a GREAT weekend!  Looks like "taking it easy" is on our agenda for Saturday and Sunday.  And it's the last weekend to spend with our friends before they move back to Alabama next week.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to pin this and try it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, First time stopping by:) Your shrimp looks so good! I'll look forward to trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a coastal state thang because we Alabamians love the Gulf Shrimp as well. The best way to serve shrimp, in my book, is skewed and grilled. You're right, keep the heat out of the kitchen. The only thing is the shrimp never seem to make it through the door into the house. Our group likes to have tasters right off the grill. Thus, they never make it to the table. LOL! The recipe sounds good and may have to try, if we ever can get enough off the grill and onto an actual plate.

    Have a great weekend. We have swim lessons this morning and one last pool party before school begins tonight. Hope you have a wonderful time with Angie and her feller this weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try it! Sounds wonderful Laura!

    ReplyDelete