Friday, August 23, 2013

5 on Friday

Hello Everyone!

This is my FIRST 5 on Friday and very much impromptu, so I'm just gonna recap my week.  I'll try to do better next week!

Promise.
Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
{One} A week of "firsts," I must say.  This was also the first week of me actually planning a menu!  Go HERE to see.  I told Mr. Horton last night when we were getting ready for bed, "Babe, do you realize we ate this week on less than $100?"  He said, "I knew we could do it!"  Duh!?!  Anyhoo, I also wanna say that THIS RECIPE ROCKED!!  Please try it and come back and let me know what you thought.  SO easy, peasy!

{TWO} This was Alise's First Day of School happy that she took to Ms. R on the SECOND day of school {unfortunately}.  Uh oh.  Maybe it was because Alise's MOTHER forgot to buy the flowers to actually put IN the vase the night before school started?  Oh, well.  It made for a happy ending!

{THREE} Go HERE to read about my new end-of-the-summer fashion idea.  Who can mess up camo and bling??

{FOUR}  Alise's school had their first peprally this morning and I could just kick myself for not going!  I mean, what was I thinking?  She is in L-O-V-E with her Big Sis this year because K is one of her babysitters, so Alise thinks she has the "inside connection" to what all the high schoolers have going on!  I need to inform Miss High Schooler wanna be that she is in THIRD grade, not tenth!  Ha!  Here is a pic of her this morning before we left for school....with toothpaste on her shirt!  And a tattoo on her cheek!

{FIVE}  I am ready for Fall.  I am ready for football.  I am ready for cooler weather.  I am ready for boots.  I am ready for a fire in the fireplace.  I am ready for soup.

Enough said.

Y'all have a WONDERFUL weekend!  I've got some Fall decorating on the agenda!  See ya next week!

3 comments:

  1. I pinned that recipe - I have one for crockpot cashew chicken that is good too :-)
    Much healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned the recipe too! Girl I have a meal plan for ALL of September! I would be so lost without Pinterest. Love her school spirit monogram shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit. Go Alise! And yes, we are all ready for fall and cooler weather around these parts. We even picked up some pumpkin spice air freshener for the house. It smells so good! I've been slowly putting up the summer decor 'cause this girl is ready to for the sunflowers, haystacks and scarecrows to be setting out on my shelves. LOL! So excited for next weekend. We'll be talking to ya. Doug tried calling Wayne, but couldn't get a hold of him.

    Y'all have a wonderful Sunday and ROLL TIDE!!

    ReplyDelete