Sunday, July 28, 2013

T-Shirts, Little House & Tomato Pie

Heads up, local peeps!  I've got something for you!

Have you seen all the cute t-shirts the girls are wearing {I've mostly seen cheerleaders wearing them} that have the chevron pocket on the side with the school's initials?  Cute, cute!
Only $20!  I bought myself and Alise one in her school colors.  She's so excited to wear it for the first peprally in a few weeks.  Go here to shop!  They're sorta plain - with nothing on the back, that I know of - but I'm telling you!  Everyone will be wearing these this Fall in support of their favorite team!

So how was your weekend?  Ours was very low key and relaxing.  I'm finding that I'm enjoying these kinds of weekends more and more.  We didn't get out of our pajamas on Saturday until 2:30.  And that's only because we had to get ready to meet my parents at a local restaurant to celebrate the July and August birthdays in our family.  Afterwards, everyone came back to our house for peach cobbler out of a box and ice cream.  That's just how I rolled this weekend.

And to prove that we really did get out of our pj's, here's a pic to prove it!


Alise is obsessed with Little House on the Prairie these days.  Wayne took her with him to the library one evening last week and she picked out a Little House DVD.  I had been trying to encourage her to read the books because I started reading them when I was in the second grade.  So imagine her excitement when she came home wagging the DVD!  In her mind, she could just watch the book instead {can you tell I'm having a hard time getting her to read lately?} of reading it!  Ugh!  So this weekend, I have gotten reacquainted with Pa, Ma, Laura and Mary Ingalls and that nasty Nellie Olsen!!  At least she's managed to get away from the Disney channel for a while!  But, honestly, y'all!  What happened to good quality TV?  With no profanity and a happy ending?

At about 2:30 this afternoon, Mr. Horton and I embarked on a Pinterest project that I've been wanting to do for a while.  Alise had gone over to a friend's house to play for the afternoon so it was the perfect time to get started!  I plan to tell you about it in a few days.  It's nothing major, but it DOES involve a can of paint and I'm excited about it!  And let me just say that I have the best husband in the world!!  He takes my ideas and runs with them!  He's the best!

This morning at church, some friends of ours was telling us about a tomato pie they made recently.  I wanted to gag right there!  Tomato pie?  I just don't know about that!  Have any of you ever tried or made a Tomato Pie before?  If so, send me the recipe.  It better be out-of-this-world good!

5 comments:

  1. Alise and Ella need to get together. She too is LOVING Little House. She got the set of books for Christmas and has be been reading them, but she also loves watching the show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never (and don't really plan to) had a tomato pie. Just doesn't sound good to me. I am giggling at your cobbler out of a box ( I have a super simple recipe I could send you). I just ordered Sofia 4 of those shirts with her monogram. Love that they are "fancy simple". Cute t and leggings to school - sure! Oh and Little House is a favorite of ours too! Along with the 90's classic - Babysitters Club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the chevron patterned pocket tees are popular here as well. The most popular are the ones that have your initials instead of your favorite football team or school colors.

    I've seen the tomato pie craze, but haven't made one yet. The ones I have bookmarked on Pinterest is a combination of sliced squash, zucchini and tomatoes on a pie crust. Let me know, if y'all make one. I'm thinking it might be good, but afraid to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lazy days of staying in pj's. Thats the best!!

    Love your dress you are wearing with your daughter. Super cute!

    I also love the t-shirts....in fact, I should have those as a giveaway soon on my blog (different seller but same concept)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. Anyway I saw a delicious looking recipe in Southern Living - June edition on page 109 for tomato pie. Hope you can find the issue to see for yourself. As a matter of fact I had torn out the page myself last week while sorting through my June subscriptions. Happy Summer :)

    ReplyDelete