Here are a few things that have been on my mind lately:
1. My best friend, Angie and her family are moving in August. In like three weeks. My heart is just broken. This is the same friend that lost her dad and had a son get married on the same day. Same. day. With God's grace, she made it through the wedding and the funeral two days later. They are moving back to their home state of Alabama to be closer to Angie's mom and family. The moving trucks arrive on August 5th. Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do after Angie leaves and I honest-to-God don't know. We're like sisters and it's hard to imagine not having her in my life.
2. Angie's been back and forth from Louisiana and Alabama helping her mom and looking for a house so we haven't seen a whole lot of each other this summer. But when she does come home (Her husband has already started his job in Alabama and comes home on the weekends), I usually try to make supper for her the first night. She loves coconut cake, so I made this recipe that I found on Pinterest. I don't like coconut cake, but she and Wayne both said that it was a really good cake. All I can tell you is that it was oh-so easy to make and that if you like eating grass, you might want to try it.
3. I've got some cute summer outfits that I've pieced together that I want to show you as soon as I can get the pictures loaded. Suffice is to say, though, I'm almost over summer and I'm ready for some cooler temps and leggings again. I'm ready for Fall! And so much so that I've been working on my Fall wardrobe via Pinterest. I'm on a mission with this pin and this one. I am in. love. with coral for Fall!! I wish I could find this exact outfit!! And of course, red has always been close to my heart. The stripes style is growing on me more and I'm also coveting a chunky torquoise necklace for the season.
4. If you enjoy pah-roozin' womens' fashion on Pinterest as much as I do, you might want to check out this site: Polyvore. Love, love, love! You can design your own fashion boards, shop exact styles and pieces, as well as follow designers. You can pin any designs you like to your boards on Pinterest. It's a great site to view the latest trends and styles.
5. Yeah, that whole thing about Fall? I really am looking forward to it - and FOOTBALL SEASON! - but I know that here in Louisiana, we have many, many more hot and humid days in store for us.
6. And speaking of fashion, check out Lux De Ville (I just bought a new purse from them and can I just say that they have the best customer service). For today only, you can save 43% on everything on their website. Hurry. Thank me later.
7. I am really struggling with church right now. I plan to have an entire post related to this topic in the new future, but for right now, I will say this: I understand why it is important to stay in church. And I also understand why people give up on church so easily.
8. Mr. Horton is in the construction phase of building a pizza oven in the Cook Shack. Again, if I could get pics to upload, I could prove it. One of our kind, older neighbors is a brick layer and last Saturday, he and Wayne started oh-so early laying the cinderblocks. The cement is dry and now Wayne is looking for a few good men to help him put the 5 inch cement thick base on top. We will be eating the heck out of some pizzas soon!
9. Don't freak if you find I have a new blog look in a few days. Faith with A Design of Faith is working on my blog as I type and I am so excited about it. The pepto-bismol pink has worn me out and I've decided to go for a more modern, simple look. I hope you like it as much as I do. I so enjoy working with Faith! She's great!
10. I hope you have a GREAT week! I, unfortunately, have a whiny eight year old that is about to wear me out and a chocolate fudge pop tart that is burning a whole in my leopard purse!!