Friday, July 19, 2013

Fashion Friday

Yay!!

Blogger seems to be my friend again.  We'll see how long it lasts.

To all my local peeps, there is a Murder Mystery Dinner coming to our area.  Some of you may have attended the MM Dinners at Cascio's years ago.  Wednesday morning, I heard one of the DJs on the radio talking about it because he actually has a part in the mystery.  The MM Dinner runs the entire month of August on Friday and Saturday nights.  You can go here to get more information.  Maybe Mr. Horton and I will see you there!

Speaking of murder mystery...is anyone watching Who Dunnit on Sunday nights?  I hate to admit it, but Wayne and I are.  It's so stupid it's funny.

Okay.  Now on to Fashion Friday {I know I can never do justice to Big Mama's FF posts, and I'm not even trying to.  I just enjoy sharing some of the things that I've bought lately - especially if I get a good deal!  But the fact that I actually bought a dress like the first one on  Big Mama's FF post this week just sends me over the moon!}.

This is one of my favorite go-to summer outfits.  Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice.  The top is a navy blue and white polka dot wrap.  The shorts look puke yellow, but they are actually a bright yellow.  Not neon, but a very happy sunshiny yellow.  Navy and yellow are two of my new favorite colors.
Blouse - TJ Maxx last year $12.99
Shorts - on sale Target $13.99

Okay.  I paid full price for this dress.  And I am not ashamed of it, either.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it.  I actually found it in a store in our mall that I NEVER would have even thought about going in if it hadn't been for a rack of bohemian skirts marked 50% off outside the store {Of course, most of the time, I never find anything on sale.  I end up finding something for full price}.  Love, love, love this dress and the embroidery work is beautiful.  I wore this for the 4th of July fireworks and dinner with Mr. Horton a few weeks ago.

Earthbound - $38

Another dress that I am in love with (and the one like on Big Mama's post).  I just walked up on it one day in TJ Maxx and knew that it would look so awesome this Fall with a blue jean jacket and cowboy boots!

TJ Maxx $32.99

Of course, I couldn't wait until Fall to wear it!  I cut those tags and wore it to work and church with a jacket and sandals.  I got lots of compliments on it.
My favorite summer nail polish is Charged Up Cherry by OPI {the only polish I wear, by the way, but I think I might try a few shades of Essie soon}.  If you like Cajun Shrimp by OPI, you might like this one.  It's not quite as orangey to me.  I think OPI polish is buy two for $12 at Ulta right now.  That's a good deal!
And last but not least, here is my new bag!  I bought this purse for 50% off from Lux de Ville.  Thanks to my hair dresser, Tattoo Ashley, for introducing me to this brand.  And their customer service is outstanding!  They actually sent me the wrong purse the first time.  When I called, they shipped me another purse right then, along with a shipping advice to return the first one.  I have always loved the kiss lock design since my mom had a similar purse in the 70's.
I would be remiss if I didn't show you a picture of Alise in her first maxi dress.  She's never been interested in maxi dresses before, but when she saw this one at TJ Maxx, she fell in love with it and it really is a cute dress!  She couldn't wait to wear it to church last Sunday.
Little Miss Fashionista has drove me nearly over the edge this week.  She had a migraine and vomitting on Monday {our second migraine in two weeks} and has just been oh-so whiny.  A total Drama Mama.  One particularly bad morning {her toe was hurting right out of the bed!  Give. me. a. break.} I stopped on the way to work and bought a chocolate fudge poptart.  Fortunately, for my weight loss plan, I haven't eaten it yet, but like I said earlier this week, it's burning a hole in my new leopard purse!!

I am just estatic that blogger is working again!!  Woo hoo!!  Having said that, I hope y'all have a wonderful relaxing weekend!  I'm praying mine certainly is!

4 comments:

  1. Cute, cute clothes! I love the nail polish color too! The purse is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise looks so grown up in her maxi dress. Beautiful girl. Sorry she is dealing with headaches like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits! I especially like the first one. I have a few pairs of those shorts from Target in different colors and just love them.

    Great picture of you and Alise --- she is looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the denim & dress combo! You look great!

    ReplyDelete