Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Commenting Challenge - Day 4

 Today is day 4 of the "Fourth Annual Commenting Challenge" at Jenna' Journey.  You have today and tomorrow left to participate.  This has been SO much fun!  I've loved getting to "meet" new people!

Unfortunately, I'm deviating again from the topic.  I love Christmas and all, but I'm not in the mood to think about gift buying.  It's just too darn HAWT!!

Except to say..... that we have already ordered the American Girl Doll of the Year, Saige, for a certain little eight year old {Our friends made the mistake of waiting too late to order McKenna last year and they were sold out}.  The doll actually came in last week and let me just tell ya what a FIASCO that was!!  AND, I just told Mr. Horton about two nights ago that I would like to have a wedding portrait.  I had pictures made in my dress weeks before the wedding, but I never had the "big picture" that all the brides display at the reception {at least here in the South}.  That tradition started soon after I got married.  So I told him I wanted one. 

And he asked me where I would put it. 

And I said, "Don't worry about it.  I'll handle it."

Thank you all for your kind comments about my choking experience.  I just can't put into words that feeling of helplessness and anxiety.  It's just something you have to experience, I guess, which I hope nobody ever does.  I certainly don't know how to do the heimlich maneuver {even though I kid about the lady sitting beside me didn't know how, either} and that was one of the things I always worried about when Alise was a baby.  My throat is still sore and I have no desire to eat meat.  Maybe a choking experience is good for the ol' weight loss program?

So what about Baby Cambridge's name? 

George Alexander Louis.

Prince Georgie.

George.

Borrrrriinnngggg.

Leigh and I are still upset that Diana's maiden name wasn't thrown in the bloody {aka "freakin'"} {maybe I should start saying "bloody" instead of freakin} name mix.

Spencer  {pronounced 'Spen-suh'} sounds SO much better than George.

But they didn't ask me.

Bloody whatev-uh.

4 comments:

  1. I agree on the maiden name! I fully expected him to honor his mother somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with the name! Saige is very pretty, Sofia loves her! Did y'all watch the movie? I've got in on DVR for when Sofia comes home (Friday). I a SO not in the Christmas spirit and that is probably when we will be moving!! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ok with the name except for Louis. Really? Louis? This is not France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura I am behind on reading. So glad you are ok. That must have been scary.

    ReplyDelete