Monday, July 08, 2013

4th of July

Watermelon.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I hoped your 4th of July was "filled with lots of wonderful bar-be-que, fireworks, friends, ice cream, WATERMELON, and lots of red, white, and blue."

Doesn't matter.

I didn't have watermelon on the Fourth.

Did you?

We had Butterfinger Ice Cream instead!  Yummy!

It's my cousin Janet's recipe and as soon as I can swipe the recipe from my mom, I'll share it with you.

Truth be told, I just wasn't feeling the Fourth this year.  I didn't feel well and most of our friends were out of town due to a long holiday weekend.  Wayne asked me if I wanted to throw something together as in a party and I told him no.  Angie was out of town visiting her family in Alabama and it just didn't feel right this year with her not being here.  We've gotten together for the last three years to celebrate the holiday.  So we celebrated rather quietly with mom and dad.  Daddy grilled burgers and we had baked beans and potato salad.  Then later that afternoon, we had homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream.

Did I mention it was yummy?

That evening, we went to see the fireworks in another neighborhood nearby.

Here are a few pics!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you were not feeling well. If it helps, I had one of my headaches, which really made my day grand. LOL!

    We began a tradition, I guess, to visit Uncle James & Aunt Vonell every year in celebration of his birthday. He turned 77 years old that day. I think they appreciate us coming and visiting with them. They have their good days and bad. That day was a good day I think. Of course, we checked out the garden. Picked up some fresh veggies. We took supper to them this year. Picked up some good ol' bbq with all the fixin's. Peggy made a delicious honey bun cake. Very moist!

    For the past couple of years, a local church has been putting on a fireworks party at one of our parks, close to us. I love the fact not having to drive all the way to the lake in order to see fireworks. The rain stopped just long enough for us to see the spectacular show and started right back when it was time to leave. Thank you Lord! The kids would have been so disappointed missing the show, so I'm glad they didn't.

    I hope y'all had a great 4th of July. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys had a great 4th!
    Butter Finger Homemade ice cream sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete