Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Summer Reading

Shame, shame, shame!

Do you know how long it's been since I've borrowed a book from the library?  Or turned the pages of a REAL book?  For the last three years, I've been reading books electronically through the Kindle app and for me, that's the way to go!  I ALWAYS have my ipad with me, so if I ever get "stuck" somewhere, at least I have my book with me.  That's one of the disadvantages to me of being a "page turner."  Having said all that, I surprised myself on Saturday when I took Alise to our local library to sign up for their summer reading program.  I leafed through their new non-fiction shelf and found the book, Discretion by Allison Leotta.  I have never read one of her books before, but this one is really good so far, if you like mystery or thriller novels.

And speaking of books, Mary Kay Andrews' new book, Ladies Night Out debuted today.  It will definitely be my next summer read.  If you've never read a MKA book, you are in for a real treat!  She writes hilarious chic lit, but with a little more depth to the storyline in my opinion.  Some of her more popular books are Savanah Blues, Hissy Fit, and Summer Rental.  I follow MKA on Facebook and she is just as witty in real life as her books!

These books are also on my summer reading list: Second Honeymoon by James Patterson {another favorite author}, The Last Original Wife by Dorothea Benton Frank, and Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand.

If you are a book lover, you might want to join Goodreads.  It's a great website that allows readers to rate their books, build personal book shelves, join book clubs, and record their reading progress.  I use it all the time.  Love, love, love Goodreads!

As for Baby Girl, I've got her busy reading this summer, too!  She is in to the Nancy Drew series right now.  She's nearly finished with the book about the ice cream mystery.

What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you blogging! I need to get back in the groove too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are back! I just stated cleaning mine up a bit and want to get back to it....we'll see if that actually happens though! I added those books to my reading list --- always in search of a great book to read!

    ReplyDelete