Sunday, June 02, 2013

I MUST Get Back to Blogging!

I've had a rather sad weekend.  Maybe I'll tell you about it later.

Wayne and I went on a date last night.  I think he was worried about me and wanted to cheer me up the best way he knew how.  We went to see the new movie, "Now You See Me," and I must say that it is the BEST movie I have seen in quite a while.  I highly recommend it!  Afterwards, we went to a restaurant, The Water Front, which is located on a bayou and watched the most spactacular lightening show from our window seat that I've ever seen.

For the weekend to have been so bittersweet, it was actually pretty quiet and relaxing for us...something that we haven't got to experience in quite a while.  And we thoroughly enjoyed it!  Wayne actually napped under the roof of the cook shack, with the fan blowing on him Saturday afternoon.  He needs his rest and a day off!  The man is constantly working and doesn't know how to be still!  When I asked him if he was enjoying his relaxing weekend, he said, "I'm just sitting here thinking about my next project!"  Ugh!

Today, I made THIS wonderful recipe!  Wayne really liked it.  He's a blueberry lover!  I liked the cream cheese - ha!  It's definitely a keeper!  I found the recipe on Pinterest, of course.  Here's the link if you're interested.

Alise had a friend from her ball team over this afternoon to swim.  The girls swam non-stop for nearly two hours!  Then, tonight, we had grilled shrimp (new recipe), baked potatoes, and salad.  Delish and a perfect summer meal out by the pool to end the weekend!


I've decided to open my blog back up for anyone to read, so I am no longer private.  I'm hoping to get my "bloggy" back on this summer and get back to sharing our lives with you!

Here's the latest pic I have of Baby Girl.  She turned 8 last week!  We celebrated by going to her favorite restaurant, a movie, and then a small swimming party with friends!  She knows how to cheer her Moma up!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you back on here. I'm sorry for you misfortune or situation, but it sounds like your man came through once again. The blueberry cream cheese bread looks delish. I love grilled shrimp. I think that it the way we are going to cook them for a while. My sister and her husband from WY came over for supper on recital night and we served grilled shrimp for appetizers. They were gone within minutes. We sprinkled Dizzy Pig "Shakin' the Tree" spice on them. So good.

    Alise is such a sweetheart. I'm so glad she had a good birthday. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete