Monday, June 24, 2013

Hot Deals, Bada Bing, and Polka Dots

If you are fortunate enough to have a Hobby Lobby near you, you might wanna grab your purse and RUN. 

Last week, Alise had a church social near our HL, so I decided to kill some time and just meander around the store.  The 66% and 80% markdown aisles were functioning at full blast!  Tons and tons of pictures, mirrors, furniture, baskets, fleur de lis, just everything.  Here are two items that I bought for $31!

This THING - what do you call this? - was actually not on the markdown aisle.  I found it in another section of the store and was surprised by the price of $13.80.  When I got to the check out, it rang up $8!  Cha-ching! 
Mama's got plans for it, though.  I'm going to spray paint it black before I hang it.


Now this piece...I was SO excited to find because I've been looking for something similar for a while.  Remember my subway art post?  Well, I think this is as close as I'm going to find without ordering something off the internet and I already have a piece in the kitchen with a similar saying, but whatevah! 
This is going to work in the hall, too.  I hung it inbetween our bedroom door and Alise's bathroom door.  Original price was $69, it had been marked down to $35 and when I got to the check out, it was $23.  So excited! 
I am in the planning stages of decorating our hall (and it's a loooong one, too!) and I thought these two piece would work great with the photo collage I want to do.

I was actually in HL when I got the news about 'Tony Soprano' (real name, James Gandolfini, but he will always be known as 'Tony' to me.  The baddest TV mobster that ever lived in my opinion).  Wayne was the one who sent me a text because his best friend, Brian - we use to watch Soprano's with he and his wife on Sunday nights - had texted him, "Someone offed Tony." My response: "NO WAY!"  I told Wayne that in honor of Tony, we should begin watching the series again on Netflix.  It was the only series that he and I started and finished together.  I remember when it first premiered, we were living in the trailer and we were like, "what is the deal with this show HBO keeps advertising all the time?"  One premier later and we were hooked!

I wanted to show you another outfit I pieced together last week.  Baby Girl and I lurve some polka dots!  Besides, you can never go wrong with black and red.  And I know it probably seems that I wear cardigans all the time (like an old woman), but I only wear them to work because we aren't allowed to wear sleeve-less dresses and blouses.  Besides, my office is ALWAYS freezing!!  The sundress is actually shorter in the front than in the back, but because of the way I'm standing, you can't tell.  It's a really cute dress.  And let me give some love where love is due: Alise suggested I wear the belt.  Didn't think I was gonna make it all day with that monster around my waist, but I did!


black and beige polka dot sundress - Target last year on sale $12.98
red cardigan - Target and as old as the hills
black and white polka dot bow flats  - Forever 21 last year
red elastic belt - Dillards last Fall

And just for the record, I don't buy all my clothes at Target.  Howevah....they do have cute, inexpensive things from time to time and I usually reward myself with a little Tarjay retail in the mornings on my way to work because they are the only store in our area that is open at 8 am!

And because we're on the subject of clothes, here's two websites that you must check out: It's A Cowgirl's Thing {I usually only buy dresses and blouses - not into the blingy jewelry and purses} and Shabby Apple

I hope you had a great weekend!  I'll have our weekend post up tomorrow and I promise to share those four new recipes I made, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment