Sunday, January 06, 2013

Have A Coke And A Smile

Do you remember the old Coca-Cola slogan, "Have a Coke and a smile"?  Well, I had a little help in the kitchen today making a new recipe that called for bottled coke.  I can't remember the last time I bought a bottle of coke! 

What recipe called for a bottle of Coke?  Well, a Coca-Cola Cake, of course!  I found the recipe on Pinterest {of course!}.  I remember my mom use to have a recipe for Coca-Cola Cake that she got from someone at work, but I don't remember her actually making it.  But the results from the recipe above was AWESOME!!  It looks like a chocolate cake and takes like a chocolate cake {Alise said, "It's good, Mommie, but I can't taste the Coke."  Ha!}, but to me, it's the icing/glaze that makes it!  It is delish and I will definitely be making it again!

Who would have ever thought that a box of cocoa would cost nearly  $5 bucks??  In the words of Alise, that's "cray-cray."  Cray-zeee!  The box of cocoa cost almost as much as 6 pack of cokes!

We had a wonderful low key weekend.  On Friday, Alise and I had our hair did.  Ashley went a little short on Alise's bangs, but oh well.  It's just hair.  It will grow back.  Wayne went duck hunting on Saturday.  Alise and I didn't have any plans, so we stayed in our pj's all day and read and watched TV by the fire.  We took the Christmas tree down and now, all the Christmas decorations are officially back in their boxes and upstairs.  Angie and I went out to eat at Olive Garden Saturday night for Girls Night Out.  We had so much fun catching up. She's been under the weather for the past week because she got a sinus infection while they were in Bama visiting family for Christmas.  This morning, we slept in, Alise and I made the cake, and I put a tenderloin in the crockpot for supper.

I had pictures to post, but for some reason Blogger is not letting me upload them tonight.  I'll try later.

No comments:

Post a Comment