Monday, November 12, 2012

Migraines, Shmigraines

Every so often it happens: I come down with a migraine.  And today was the day.  I actually woke up with it.  By ten o'clock, I had the shakes.  A few weeks ago, my doctor prescribed something - mostly consisting of caffeine and acetaminophine - so I took one of those.  I ate chocolate, drank a Diet Coke {more caffeine} and ate lunch early.  At one o'clock, I was nauseous and walked to the cafeteria to get a loaded Coke.  Still no help.  I don't know if it's the weather change or that maybe I slept too hard last night {if that's even possible, however, I do think I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in last night, which is rather strange because lately I've been suffering from insomnia due to a particular bed partner that likes to raise the roof tops with his snoring!!}, but MY HEAD IS KILLING ME!!  I'll probably have to take a sleeping pill tonight just to get some sleep from all the freakin' caffeine in my body right now! 

And then this afternoon, I get a text that Alise has a migraine.  Like mother, like daughter.  I picked her up early from school and by the time I opened the door at home, she was in the bathroom throwing up.  I let her sleep for an hour and a half and then fed her some soup.  She seems to be doing better now.

So stinking proud of Baby Girl.  We stayed in our pajamas yesterday {except for the clothes I threw on for about 30 minsutes in order to go to my mom and dad's for two cups of flour - I was making a banana pudding} and worked on her very first REPORT.  What is it about projects and reports that I feel like they must be done in our pajamas?  Anywho, Wayne was at the camp {He shot a doe}, and so I had to tackle this one by myself.  Alise's report was on the American Flag.

Question:  is "flag" capitalized if it follows "American," as in above or is it, the American flag?

Here's her report.  Feel free to copy.  It's that good.


Sorry but my head hurts too bad to rotate the picture.

I'm going to bed to rest my head.

Hey, that rhymes!

2 comments:

  1. Poor things! I hope y'all are feeling much better tomorrow. I think it's a combination of time change backlash and drastic weather change. We've had headaches and stuffy noses. Colton tends to cough like he's trying to get something out of his throat.

    Take care. Hopefully, I'll find out about Horton Christmas soon. I'll let y'all know. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had headaches like that when I was her age too. It was awful. Then it's like I grew out of them only for them to return in mid 30s. I hope you guys are both better soon.

    ReplyDelete