Sunday, October 14, 2012

East or West?

My blog continues to be on the blink.  I've gotten some emails stating that when readers try to read my blog, they get a message saying that they do not have access.  After much research, I was finally able to get in touch with some people at Blogger to help me figure out what in the world is going on.  The bad news is that we haven't figured it out yet.  I am soo hoping that I don't loose my blog and all my posts!  One of the options may be to begin a new blog with links to this one and I REALLY don't want to do that.

Update:  Just now, I got a message that my blog has been deleted.  WTH is going on??  I just had to have Blogger text a verification code to my phone.

We had a fabulous weekend!  Our biggest decision was trying to figure out if we should go EAST to Birmingham {to play with our cousins} or WEST to Dallas {to play with some friends at the Texas State Fair} for the weekend. Some other friends of ours actually went SOUTH to the beach, so we're a little jealous about that! Ha!  But in the end, we decided to simply stay home and it turned out to be the best decision.  We hung out around the pool and cook shack and watched all the college games.  I finished a book I've been reading for a while and Wayne and I even got to have a date night!  This morning we woke up to a thunderstorm, so we slept in and then headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  THEN, we drove around and found Duck Dynasty's Duck Commander's headquarters.  Maybe you've heard of them?  Alise wanted to jump out of the truck as soon as she saw the camo-clad trucks parked in front of the business.  Of course, we didn't let her, telling her that the Robinson's and all good people were in church at that fine hour.  This afternoon, I did some shopping and Wayne made supper.
I'm trying to catch up on all my blog readings, but I am SO far behind!! I don't think I'll ever catch up.  Check out this neat idea on my cousin, Mirya's blog!  Love this idea!!  When Alise was in PreK-3 at Good Shepherd, her teacher had a butterfly net that she kept in the classroom that Spring and the kids got to watch the whole process.  Alise would come home every day talking about the butterfly.  They had a Butterfly Release Day, too, but unfortunately, it was only one.  Loved Mi's pics!!  And cupcakes!!

One of my favorite blogs is Kelly's Korner.  On Fridays, she has a linky party called, "Show Us Your Life," and last Friday, the party was crock pot recipes.  Go here to find a new favorite crock pot recipe.  I can't WAIT to try one myself!!

I would be remiss if I didn't share that my ipad bit the dust last Thursday morning.  It fast became a daily ritual that Alise played on my ipad and watched the Disney channel while she ate breakfast every morning.  On Thursday morning, she came in my bedroom where I was getting ready and asked if she could play on my ipad.  She unplugged it from the charger and in a matter of seconds, I heard it hit the concrete floor.  Luckily - for her - her best friend, Maddie, was here and saved her from getting her butt tore up.  To say that I was livid would be a huge understatement.  Long story short, Friday night, we took the shattered ipad - that actually still worked, if you can believe that! - to Best Buy where we had insurance on it {The Geek Squad told us that it was the worst shattered ipad they had ever seen}.  Wayne actually upgraded me to the newest version of the ipad and I have been a happy woman ever since!!  My man is da bomb!!  What I shouldn't have to share is that Baby Girl will never be playing on my ipad again.  Never.  She has totally destroyed her daddy's blackberry {last Christmas Eve by dropping it in the toilet} and now my ipad.  Never again.

I hope you have a great week!  Maybe my blog will make it a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey cuz! I hate that you've had so much trouble with Blogger. Bummer! Thanks for the shout out about my cupcakes and pics. I appreciate it. You are so sweet.

    I hated we couldn't get together this weekend, but happy y'all had such a nice relaxing weekend. Of course, it was Doug's great day - Auburn lost, Bama won and he got to visit his favorite store, Mark's Outdoor.

    I took the opportunity to have the kids pictures at B'ham Botanical Gardens. Of course, I bribed the kids that if they give me pretty smiles, they can get toys. My job was so much easier this time around. I love bribes! LOL!

    Sorry to hear about you iPad. I would have had a stroke. As soon as I would have heard the crash, I would not have been able to bring myself to look it. Poor thing. Looking on the bright side, you got an update. :) We'll have to laugh about this much later.

    Have a great week! Love ya girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete