Sunday, September 09, 2012

Too Many Highlights to Blog

 What a freaking weekend!!

Oh. My. Goodness.

If I had to choose, the #1 highlight of our weekend was Alise earning a spot on River Oaks' swim team! So. stinking. PROUD. of Baby Girl! She was awesome!! She is doing things that me and her daddy never did and that makes us so happy! When we mentioned the school swim team this summer, she would totally freak out!! No way was she doing that! But we kept encouraging her and Saturday morning, we met the team at the natatorium to "watch." Before we knew it, she was donned in her purple swimsuit and neon goggles, swimming laps across the pool. And they were 25 freaking yards, y'all!!! She did that TEN TIMES!!!! Little booger was worn completely out!! She came home and took a nap! So, so proud of her!! Coach Eddie told her the only thing she needed to work on this week was diving in. Next practice is next Saturday. Our first and only swim meet is Wednesday, September 26th in Jackson, Mississippi. Alise will swim in two events: the 25 yard and 50 yard heets.  GO ALISE!!!


I have to say this: as we were leaving, the coach's wife pulled me aside and said, "Laura, she is really good! She needs to swim for the team!" And I was like, what team? We are swimming on the school team. But Marina meant a traveling swim team. I was shocked! Of course, I knew with our schedule, there was no way we could add anything else and when Alise mentioned it later, she said, "Mommie, I don't want to swim for that other team." I told her she didn't have anything to worry about because we just couldn't do it.

Congratulations to the ULM Warhawks!!  Both mine and Wayne's ala mater!!  We were on a date Saturday night and after we got out of the movies, Wayne turned on the radio to listen to the game.  He was SPEEDING to get home so we could watch the remainder of the game on TV.  I took the babysitter home and by the time I got back to the house, ULM had the ball and I got to see the winning touchdown.  So proud of those boys!
 
Friday night, we had Family Fun Night.  We cooked a pizza in the oven, played board games with Alise and then went to Orange Leaf for dessert.  The weather was just still too warm to go to the River Oaks football game.  However....the Good Lord heard my complaining and answered my prayers for cooler temps!!  We got up this morning and it was AMAZING outside!!  Thank you, Lord!
 
Alise has discovered the awesomeness of Face Time!  She asks me every day if she can FT Katie, so this afternoon, I let her "talk" to her Alabama cousin.  They crack me up!  They giggle and act crazy more than they talk!
 
I hope you had a great weekend!  I'll share tomorrow some Fall decorating I did this weekend as well as the Pinterest recipes I tried, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment