Monday, September 10, 2012

Cooking & Decorating

So I did a little cooking and some decorating over the weekend.  Let's just say that our weekend wasn't ALL about football!!  On Sunday afternoon, I went to work!!  I didn't stop from the time my feet hit the floor Sunday morning until about 8:40 that night!

Sunday morning started out with Sausage Bread for breakfast with our Sunday School class.  Try explaining to a seven year old that she can't have any when it's her favorite breakfast food group!  When we got home from church, it was time to try this recipe.  Of course, I never seem to go by the actual recipe these days.  I cooked this puppy in my crockpot.  It turned out well and the meat was juicy.  Would I make it again?  Probably.  Next week?  No.  I served it with home-made cheese grits {my boss' recipe} and buttered corn.

I made peanut butter and chocolate brownies out of a box.  And then I made these awesome little bites and discovered my own favorite food group!! 

However - remember how I said I have a hard time following recipes?  I didn't have any chocolate, so I dipped them in white almond bark.  Made me wanna slap my Mama, y'all {Sorry, mom!}!!  Would I make it again?  Yes.  Next week?  No, today!!

So I broke out the Fall decorations.  Not Halloween.  Here's some pics.
Notice the kitchen window open!  We partied all weekend with the windows open due to the cooler temps.  I am sooo lovin' Fall!  I think it's my favorite time of the year.  For those of you new to my blog, I've been collecting rose bowls since before Wayne and I got married.  Actually, HE started the tradition.  While we were engaged, Wayne was taking the insurance tests in Baton Rouge because we thought - at the time - that he was going to be the next biggest Farm Bureau Insurance Agent.  One his way to Baton Rouge, he stopped in St. Francisville and picked me up my first rose bowl {that eventually got broke by a three year old}.  Of course, we now know that God had other plans.  Soon after that, unbeknowest to me, the table at my bridesmaids' luncheon at a downtown tea room was deocrated in rose bowls with tea lights and I fell in love with the idea.  I have more rose bowls than what is in the picture above, just not enough room to display them.  So decorating around them for the season is a Horton tradition.
I didn't take a pic of the arrangement I've got going on on the book case because I don't think it's pretty enough or camera worthy yet.  It's missing something and until I find out what it is, you'll just hafta wait!

Wouldn't it be nice to hire one of those awesome pinterest pinners to come over and decorate your home for the Holidays?  Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by all the decorating on that site.  Jealous, too.  But really!  Who has time to decorate and cook all the time?

1 comment:

  1. Your house wouldn't be complete without those rose bowls! Everytime I see one, I think of you! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete