Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Weekend AFTER Our First Week of School

The weekend AFTER our first week of school was - believe it or not - very low key!  Good gracious!  After just 2 point 5 days of school, we NEEDED a REST!  Ha ha!  Actually, Baby Girl got a migraine Thursday night - her first full day of school - but she never got sick, thank goodness!  But she still missed cheer practice.  Never the less, we were wiped out!!  But as I type this, we're gearing up for our first official week!  A WHOLE FIVE DAYS!!  Heaven, help us!!

Alise lives for Friday Family nights.  Usually on Friday nights, we give her her allowance for the week, take her out to eat, and usually there is another special treat.  We thought about going to River Oaks' first football game of the season, but it was just too, too hot, so we went to Newk's for supper and then to Orange Leaf for ice-cream.

On Saturday, it was rainy so we stayed in our pajamas all day and watched TV, read, and napped.  It was wonderful!  I loved every minute of it!  At four o'clock, I decided it was high-time to get a shower because Wayne and I had a hot date!  He took me to the Warehouse and then we went to see "Hope Spring" with Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep.  It was a good movie.  It made me realize that I have a wonderful husband who loves me very much and I am so thankful for that!

This morning, we made it to church AND Sunday School.  A first for us in several months.  Yes, I got up at 6:00 this morning to put my spaghetti sauce on in the crockpot and lunch was ready by 12:00.  I was on a roll!!

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

Our future River Oaks Cheerleader Friday morning bright and early and ready for the Blue & White Pep Rally!
Remember the song by the Pointer Sisters, "It's Raining Men"?  Well, Thursday night at my house, it was raining monkey cupcakes!  Karen's class theme is monkeys and so I thought it would be a cute idea to make monkey cupcakes for the first official Friday snack day.  The turned out SOOO much cuter than the possessed monkey cupcakes I made for Alise's kindergarten class two years ago!  Whew!
Ok this is about as productive as I got this weekend!  I hung two pics in Alise's bathroom that I've had for about a year and just never got around to hanging.  I can't even remember where I got the silly things!  What do you think?  I didn't even have to use toothpaste!  I just eye-balled it!

And this is how we found our sweet Baby Girl tonight when Wayne and I got in from walking.  I had told her to get a bath and wash her hair while we were out.  When I came through the door, she had done just that and was working on unloading the dishwasher, which is one of her chores {I'm really loving our chore chart these days!}.  Her hair was still damp and she had pulled it into a low ponytail with a bow.  She reminded me of Wendy from "Peter Pan," so I had to snap a picture!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!  I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about a recipe I tried from Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment