Monday, August 06, 2012

The Best Show On Earth

I'm not even sure where to begin with this post!

I have never - in all my 39 years - seen a concert as awesome as the one Wayne and I saw in Dallas this weekend!  Now, for starters, I haven't been to THAT many concerts!  Especially rock concerts {Mama always said, "no!"}.  But if I had to judge, I would say that a KISS concert should be in everyone's top 10!  Maybe even top 5!

Let me start off by saying that I was disappointed in Motley Crue.  And for several reasons.  But probably the most disappointing was Vince Neal's vocals on several songs which he totally killed.  Wayne and I weren't sure if he was drunk or high, but he mumbled through several songs as if he had forgotten the words.  However, I must say that the band nearly redeemed themselves with "Dr. Feelgood" and "Girls, Girls, Girls."  Awesome pyro lighting, effects, and vocals!  I was back in my '80's days!

KISS opened by coming out from the top of the stage!  It was awesome!  I told Wayne that of course I would have enjoyed their concert more if I knew their music, but I loved it just the same!  Paul Stanley flew out into the middle of the audience; Gene Simmons did the whole blood thing {which is highly over rated} from high above the stage; they encored with "I Wanna Rock n Roll All Night" {which was the second of only two KISS songs that I knew} and confetti and fire and fireworks and booms and pyro lighting was everywhere!!  That group really put on a show!  And unlike MC - which you can imagine - their act was clean: no naked women and no bad language.  I was really surprised.

The only two downsides to the entire event was that, for one, it was HOT!!!  The concert was outside, covered, but still outside.  When we first got to our seats, mine was so hot that I couldn't even sit in it.  And you can imagine all the sweaty bodies.  Totally not my thing, but I hung in there.  By the end of the night, I had no makeup left and my clothes were drenched in sweat.  All for the hubs, peeps!  Second, because of where the concert was located, there was a curfew - a noise curfew!  Can you believe that?!  In Dallas, Texas?!  KISS had to cut their original proformance short.  They played for an hour and twenty minutes.  In Birmingham last week, they played for three hours.

Here are some pics from the concert!  To say Wayne was pumped would be a big understatement!!


Here's a pic of my little mini-me friend!  He was one of the highlites of the concert!  Everyone wanted a picture with him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. gosh! I know y'all had fun. Doug told me about the concert being outside. Shew! I'm sure it didn't matter once KISS made it out on stage.

    ReplyDelete