Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Thought I Wanted A Pair of Skinny Jeans

Okay, so I've gained a few pounds this summer.  And Angie - trying to make me feel better, I guess - said, "I think we all have."  Whatevah!

So I noticed last week that Jenna tweeted about finding a pair of red skinny jeans at Target for $23 bucks!  And I've been known from time to time to stop by Target on my way to work for a little retail therapy, which is EXACTLY what I did this morning.  Lo and behold I found the skinny jean rack with every color under the rainbow - ON SALE - except for ONE PAIR of skinny jeans in RED!  They were a size 9.

Now there's one thing you've got to remember about skinny jeans!  They're called SKINNY for two reasons.  The first reason is, well, obviously, only SKINNY people need to wear them!  And the second reason is that if you have the audacity to try a pair of them on, you need to go up about three sizes!  Because if you don't, you won't even be able to get your foot in the leg.

I rest my case.

So then I tried to humor myself and try a hot pink pair of skinny jeans on and when I looked in the mirror, I was reminded why this white girl does not wear any type of pattern on her butt.  Lord knows that I don't want to draw any more attention to it!  And those hot pink pants were BLARING, y'all!

I am sooo ready for Fall and leggins and sweaters and boots!  Aren't y'all?!

No comments:

Post a Comment