Monday, July 30, 2012

Say what?

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've updated my blog!  Alot has happened since June 25th and I have pics to prove it!  Just wait and see!

In the meantime, how're you liking the Olympics?  Wayne and I are glued to the TV every night!  We had some errands to run Friday night {some early back-to-school clothes shopping}, so we missed the first three hours, but we saw the torch being lit, the fireworks, and The Queen, so we figured we saw the best of the opening ceremony.  On Saturday, Wayne watched from the big screen at the cook shack while I sunned.  He really liked watching the archery.  What are your favorite events to watch?  Mine are the gymnastics, the swimming, and the diving.  Sooo many memorable moments growing up as a kid and watching the Olympics!  Who remembers Mary Lou?

We started a new chore chart last week and so far it seems to be working well.  The list includes things like feeding Bo, making her bed {before her daddy gets home}, reading for 15 minutes, gathering the trash, etc.  Alise is paid 50 cents on Fridays for every sticker she has on her chart.  Last week she earned $9.50.  And that's another reason we went shopping Friday night!  It was burning a hole in her pocket!  She wanted new earrings, but ended up with make-up and a make-up bag for a total of $16!!  She owed us money when she got home.  I told her, "Sister, you ain't doing to good!"  I ended up buying the earrings and Baby Girl also walked away with a new pair of Nike teeny shoes, socks, capris, and a top  {For all you local readers, Dillard's is putting their Miss Me capri blue jeans on sale in a few weeks.  Keep a watch!  Alise tried a pair on and literally begged for them, but I wasn't buying them unless they were on sale.  They fit her well everywhere but the waist - to which we're use to having the adjustable bands and of course, Miss Me does not have them}.

I am so pumped to tell you this: Wayne and I are headed to Dallas this weekend to see Motley Crue and KISS!!  Oh yeah!!  I cannot believe I am going to a rock concert!  My first one since Poison and Warrant came to Monroe in 1991!!  A few months ago, I came in one Saturday afternoon and Wayne said, "Thanks for the birthday gift!"  At the time, his birthday was still months away and I was like, "What are you talking about?  I haven't bought you a birthday gift."  He said, "Oh, yes, you have!  Two tickets to Motley Crue and Kiss!!"  I nearly fell out!  Instead I said, "Oh, well!  Happy Birthday!!"  And of course, he had his stiplulations!  He wanted me to wear my hair in the old '80's style...long and teased and curly {get extensions}.  I told him rather quickly to get over himself!  Alot's changed since the '80's!!  KISS may still be wearing their makeup, but this nearly 40 year old Moma ain't wearing no '80's hair!!  In Dallas!!!  In August!!  At an outside concert!!

Hope you have a good week!  And ROCK ON!!

P.S.  Wayne was so proud of me this morning!  We've been listening to a new radio station and it's really crazy because they play anything from Whitney Houston to AC/DC to Skynard.  Anyway, I was going through the drive thru for my Sonic java, when KISS came on the radio.  Now, I don't profess to be a KISS fan - I'm probably going more for the Crue - so what I'm trying to say is that I don't know KISS' music, but I can usually recognize Paul Stanley's voice.  So when I heard the song, I texted Wayne: "Lick It Up."  Now, that probably is the absolute worst song they have ever sung and has sexual innuendo all in it, and I have NO idea what he was singing, but I texted my man because I wanted him to know that I had recognized a KISS song.  He texted back, "Way to go, Girl!"  This '80's girl loves her '70's man!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I'm jealous! I saw Motley Crue and Poison last summer and it was great. I was going more for Poison though! I have always wanted to see Kiss. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete